Chapter 9 - Toby Rogers

"How was school today?" My 17 year old sister asked me happily while driving back home. I shrugged. "Same old.. Nothing really new." I sighed.

    My sister frowned and glanced at me. "You're being bullied again, aren't you..?" I looked at her and slowly nodded. "Seriously Toby. You need to tell the principle or something! It's one thing about about dad being a drunk but--" she stopped mid sentence when she saw me flinch as she mentioned dad.

    Our dad's a serious drinker. Some nights he goes out and drinks until he can barely walk. When he gets home, he beats us. I know.. Sounds bad. And it is. But there's nothing we can do. "I'm sorry Toby.." She said apologetically. I shrugged again and looked out the window.

    She sighs. "How 'bout I buy you a treat?" She said, trying to change the subject. I half smiled and nodded. She smiled back at me and nodded, pulling into a gas station and getting out. "I'll be right back!" She said, closing the door. I nodded and waited.

    Ten minutes later, she came back with my favorite bag of chips; Barbeque! I smiled happily as she got in and handed them too me. "There you go, buddy," she said, "just don't tell dad." Sis started the car and we were back on our way home.

°_°_°Time skip of awesomeness°_°_°

    We were about 20 miles away from home. I kinda didn't want to go home, but I didn't want to leave my mother alone with that bastard of a father. I look at my sister, "How much you wanna bet that dad'll be drunk..?" She sighed. "Very drunk.."

    After she said that, all of a sudden I heard the screech of tires, making me whip my head to look out the windshield. "LOOK OUT!!!" I yelled at my sister. But it was too late. There was a crunching of metal and a high pitched scream that I think came from my sister. Then...

Nothing...

*****************************************
   A/N: Hey there! Sorry if this is short. I stopped it there as a little teaser for those of you who actually do enjoy reading it. I want you to beg for more.. >:3 If there are any spelling mistakes, it's because I was typing it on my phone. Don't forget to comment and vote!!