Introduction: With Jaden Reign

Greetings dear reader- so, where to begin? Oh, there is so much to catch you up on.

It's been so long, I still get a twinkle in my eyes when I think back to those days and my adventures with my childhood heroes. Course, this adventure, to this day forces me to pause. My friends faced challenges, but the ones that faced them here were probably the worst. I barely got any of them back.

Sigh...

So, if you didn't read the other stories, here's the rundown.

The Purge...

The epic begins.

Two hundred fifty years ago several mutant races lived on earth- and one lived in the stars.

Most of these mutants on earth lived under the rule of the werewolves, my people. These mutants, the werewolves, banshees, wildmen, and mystics, formed a coalition to hide among the humans.

One other race on the planet, the gargoyles, created by a sinister alien empire, was stronger than the rest, with lifespans that seemed to never end. A gargoyle nation rose to conquer the world and rule a blood-soaked empire. The mutants of the world gathered to fight them on one fateful day.

As the battle began, it seemed fate that the gargoyles would simply roll over their adversaries on their way to rule.

As if an answer to prayer, they came, the Pharaohs, the human mutant race from beyond the sky. They had incredible technology due to aging at one-twentieth the rate of normal humans. They descended to defend the earth, the world of their birth. From that day on, they began the Purge, a campaign to destroy all gargoyles.

Generations later, the race of the planet's saviors sent the son of their president to live among us. Young Kyle and his bodyguard, Jessica, set out to find lost human children on the girl's whim. Honestly, Jessica was a creature of whims. Thinking of her can make me smile no matter where I am.

On the journey, they learned the truth. Not all gargoyles were evil- Kyle's own people were monsters.

To stand for what he believed in, eventually, Kyle had to turn on his own father, disowning him, unable to even say why for fear of betraying his gargoyle friends.

On their journey, these two young pharaohs made enemies- Tyrin, the sinister leader of a human trafficking ring, and Darius, a nigh mystically powered trickster god who could make deals for anything in exchange for anything he wanted.

They also made friends. Xao, another trickster, who left the corrupting influence of his power for their friendship. There was also my father, Allen- and finally me, Jaden Reign, at the time a cute pudgy four-year-old kid and later a fun-loving nine-year-old.

I don't think I'm so cute anymore- Kyle still is- I just gave him a noogie- it was an epic noogie- he will get me back later he assures me.

His revenge will also be epic- or so he tells me.

This story begins after all these revelations and trials. The enemies of the Tracers still hunt them and to survive they will have to deal with the darkness that created the tricksters itself. So the question becomes, when their backs are against the wall, the Tracers no longer believe in even their own people. From where will they draw the strength to fight to keep from losing everything they have?