Chapter 2: The Raven Haired Girl

The third person...

The road ahead was empty as the two cars drove down it towards civilization. It turned out Bart had been chased a good five miles from home.

In the back car, Jaden looked at Bart's fingers. "Looks like frostbite was setting in..." he said with a sigh, as the kid hissed in pain.

  Bart sighed, placing his hands in his lap gingerly. "But seriously, how come there's no record of you guys anywhere?" he asked.

"How would you know there's NO record?" Jaden asked back. "You're only eleven and you don't know what you'd be looking for." He smiled. "I'm gonna have to wrap those- it's gonna hurt." Bart edged away. "How about I tell you a story while I work?"

"I guess..." Bart gave him his right hand.

He started slowly wrapping Bart's fingers, Bartholomew cringing at the pain a few times, but trying to listen. "I got the story," Xao opted. "Thousands of years ago, the lands of the Greeks were ruled by the tribe of my people called the Jenaid. Then we might also have called them Olympians, known to the Greeks as gods. They were pharaohs, mutations created long ago in Egypt. They lived extremely long lives and had incredible technology which looked like godly powers to the primitive people of Greece. Many of the Olympians were cruel and ruled with an iron fist. This attitude of dominance and cruelty eventually extended back to the homeworld of the Pharaohs where the Jenaids were the ruling class."

"They lived in space?"

"Yep. Most still do. The lower casts on the homeworld grew weary and hatched a plan to free both themselves and the Greeks. They decided to..." The car slowed to a stop. Jaden looked up. "What's going on?"

"Looks like someone is standing in the road..." Nadine said craning her neck to look beyond the car in front.

Outside a large Arab man stood in the road. The cars stopped a few feet from him. The man had a large almost round figure with a large nose visible even as far back as we were. He was dressed in a business suit that was rather messy but still looked like it conveyed status.

"Can I help you?" Allen asked out the window. The man shot backward at an inhuman speed, snow firing out around him. He reappeared a hundred feet away. He leaned down and grabbed a sword on his belt.

Behind Allen in the car, Kyle screamed, "that's Tyrin everyone-"

Tyrin yanked his sword out of his sheath, a pulse of energy firing out, snow flying out as it cut a path straight to the cars. It slammed into the lead car and forced it to flip left and then over after crashing into Nadine's car behind. The pulse continued and ripped the second car off the road as well.

Jessica was thrown from the car.

Jessica slowly stood up, seeing both cars on their sides, blood sparsely scattered around them both.

No one was moving other than her and the large man walking towards the wreckage.

Jessica held her head. "Allen... my Kyle... Xao..." tears started to form and drop from her eyes.

Her eyes flipped wide open of their own accord. The girl ripped out both of her swords, electricity firing out from her as she screamed, tears flying out from her eyes.

Tyrin raised his left hand and pointed it at Jessica, a pulse firing out just too late as she fired off to the right. A blur of colors short across the snow and the girl appeared again. She pointed her swords at Tyrin, a mass of energy flying off them as she screamed again. An energy shield appeared around Tyrin blocking the attack. Jessica continued screaming. Tyrin grinned at her as an alarm started going off on his belt.