Chapter 21: Getting What you Really Want

J-Star:

There was carpet under me. I looked up. I was in a room painted white. Jessica was on a bed under a comforter. Tarth was with us.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Hm? I suppose it was easier to just transport all of us instead of being selective."

Kyle was leaning on the bed, crying over his friend. "Get out..." he growled.

"You all are so defiant... it's like you need to be taught your place," Tarth replied. He turned to look at me and Xao on the floor.

I looked at my projector. I whispered to Xao. "Don't let your arm down.

I slipped out of Xao's grasp my real body invisible, Xao keeping his arm around my projection. "You have all tried my pati-" I threw my currently invisible fist so hard, as it crashed into Tarth's face it was forced to the side, me hearing a CRACK!

I appeared in front of the man. "You want everyone here to die? It's not wise to attack a god-" we heard the distinct clicks of three guns cocking.

I looked around, realizing this room wasn't as empty as I thought- and I thought it was full. There was a teenage boy sitting at a study desk, a black teen girl was standing across the room and finally, just outside the door, was an older woman. All three of these others pointed guns at Tarth, the mother wielding a shotgun.

"What isn't wise is threatening my family," said the woman.

Tarth snapped his fingers and disappeared.

(***)

Hours passed.

Even as he cried that he wanted to stay, we still all realized it was best to send Bartholomew home. Nadine took him, assuring we would find a way to tell him how things turned out.

Jaden, Nadine, and Judith were their names. According to Kyle, his brother, mother and- a girlfriend but she saved my life too now so they all belonged in my mind.

There had been discussions about what to do- no one knew the answers. Jessica couldn't be taken to an earth hospital. It would have been too complicated to keep what she was a secret, and even if every doctor on staff was a werewolf, humans didn't know how to care for pharaohs. Kyle had cut off the homeworld and yes, his biological father checked on him from time to time, but even that would probably be too late to save the girl if that was in the cards.

We had sat in that room for so long.

Finally, I heard Kyle say, "J... JESSICA!" He pulled the girl up and hugged her. I turned my head so fast and looked- she was hugging him back.

I grinned so wide it hurt my face and Xao was frozen where he stood.

Finally, the two pharaoh children let each other go.

Jessica looked at Kyle and I heard her voice for the first time.

"You... you- you're him," Jessica said. "My dreams I... in all of my dreams I never thought... the boy who stayed..."

Kyle was crying but paused. "I... what?"

"What... what was your name again?" the girl asked.

To be continued.

The Third Person:

By the way... good morning me. You're finally awake Raven.

Rise, rise Raven of Olympus. Take your birthright...

Granddaughter of Zeus.