Chapter 1: I Blew Up a Dinosaur!

Kyle:

"Get to the pass- those two big trees to the west- go-go-go," Jessica's voice came over my wrist device. "You are not gonna believe this Ky!- You either Ow!"

"Is that really gonna be my nickname now?" Asked the teenage Xao over my shoulder. I chuckled and engaged my electric powers, sending a pulse of energy to my small legs, causing me to jet towards the two largest trees in the forest so fast everything around me turned to a blur. I stopped, Xao now about ten feet from me, both of us looking at the two huge birches.

The ground beneath us started to shake as tremors started shooting out. I tapped my wrist device. "Um Jess, what exactly is it I won't believe?"

"What's um... chasing me... you'll see, then... you won't believe... this is so coooool!" she said between breaths as she was obviously running. I looked ahead as the tremors started getting louder, the earth beneath me shaking harder and harder. My eyes went wide.

"No..." I said. Jessica was really booking it, probably sporting the biggest grin she could manage as behind her a monster was running. Jessica was already a small person, just slightly bigger than me- but how badly the creature dwarfed her was almost hilarious. It had a massive head, small arms, and massive back legs, with a long tail to balance itself- I could have guessed it was thirty feet tall... no way.

Xao's eyes went wide, jaw dropped. "That's a Tyrannosaurs... what?"

"Get ready boys!" Jessica shouted over my comlink. "Oh crap!" Approaching us her form disappeared into a blue blur of electric energy, first left, then right, then right again, firing away from the dinosaur, but not getting too far ahead so it kept its eyes on her.

Finally, Jessica's form appeared between me and Xao. She rolled- because it was necessary I guess. "Leprechauns... boy do I like fighting these wackos! Never know what's coming next!" There... there was a part of me that had to agree. She yanked her two scimitar swords out of her scabbards, electricity surrounding her small body and swirling around the blades, snow flying out from her as water. "Boys, I tried, but not even my shocks can get past that thing's hide- Xao, iron stake- nail that thing!"

I pulled a metal tent stakeout of a satchel on my side and tossed it to Xao. I then quickly turned and aimed my wrist device at the incoming monster's eye and clenched my fist, a small magnet firing out and impacting just under the creature's eye- which it didn't have the decency to even pretend affected it.

The monster was now much closer than just being visible, nearly on top of us in fact. Only a few meters out it stopped, opened its mouth, and roared, the area around us shaking with the force of the sound. Jessica and I grabbed our ears as Xao pulled the stake back.

An electric pulse traveled up our teen friend's arm and he threw the stake, nailing the monster directly in its left eye, right on the magnet (probably guided a little by it, as was the idea).

Xao stumbled away. "Okay, I'm gonna go be deaf for a bit- be sure to save my life if that thing runs at me."

Jessica shot to the side of the creature where the stake had gone in, holding her swords out. The monster turned again, pulling its head back, its neck inflating- it looked to be gathering air for another roar.

The side of its face exploded as a bolt jumped off Jessica's right sword and impacted the metal stake in its eye. "This might get a little gross boys, look away-" Bolt after bolt of electric energy fired off Jessica's swords and tore into the monster- it was not a pleasant sight- I had to watch anyway in case the creature tried to snap at one of us, but I sure wanted to look away.