TEN

A/N:-

Hello, sorry this chapter took too long everything has been getting hectic lately!

The beautiful new story cover is made by impriix!! I truly appreciate it!

Enjoy~

CHEERS erupted throughout the giant Great Hall of Winterfell, which was filled with soldiers, northern noblemen and wildlings. The men and women downed ale and ate their fill in celebration, sitting in rows. The feast wasn't exclusive to the large room, but extended to the outside and stretched throughout the common grounds of the castle.

Diana, Sansa and Rickon sat in the large chairs on the other side of the high table, which was positioned horizontally near a huge lit fireplace. The Amazonian Princess watched the delighted people in front of her, a sense of relief washed over her after today's battle, causing her to smile.

Her attention was brought else where when she overheard the redhead speaking to the youngest Stark.

"You shouldn't be sitting up here, the people, your people, are celebrating your safety." Sansa gently instructed Rickon, who swirled the porridge around in his bowl. "They're not my people." He corrected.

Frowning, the redhead furrowed her brows. "Yes, they are. You're Lord of Winterfell now."

"I told you, I'm not." He crankily replied, Diana pursed her lips wondering if it was alright to hear such an intimate conversation.

Sansa reached out her hand and held her brother's forearm, giving it a tight squeeze. "You're father's last living trueborn-" Her words were interrupted by Rickon's hurried response. "I don't care about any of that. There's Jon and Bran." The boy didn't want any of this power, being responsible for so many lives at such a young age didn't seem right to him. And with both his father and brother dying due to their position of strength, it frightened him even more.

"We don't know if Bran is still alive." Sansa chose to ignore Jon's mention, her eyes darting to him as he stood a few feet away from them, speaking with Ser Davos and Tormund. She didn't have anything against her half-brother, she loved him. Though she had a distant relationship due to her mother's influence-which, like her mother, Sansa later regretted-she loved him all the same, and their relationship as brother and sister became stronger when they are reunited. And after all, if it weren't for his help and Diana's, they wouldn't be here, having reclaimed Winterfell. But after having usurpers take their home and place as rulers of the North, it seemed only fitting for a true Stark to resume in position.

Yanking his arm away from his sister's, the boy hastily stood to his feet, muttering a few words before leaving the hall. "Yes, we do! He's north of the Wall and he's coming back!"

A deep sigh escaped from Sansa's lips as she watched her brother stomping his way out of the hall, he was still a child and she didn't hold it against him but it still frustrated her. She turned herself in her seat, and looked apologetically to the fabled heroine of the Battle of the Bastards. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

Diana simply shook her head and gave the younger lady a comforting look. "It's only understandable, I imagine, after what he's been through." Knowing that degenerate, Ramsay, he played his little games with young Rickon. So the latter had every right if he wasn't in a celebrating mood. Seeing Diana's, Sansa kindly returned the smile, but hers only revealed concern.

From one moment to another, the dark haired female felt pairs of eyes on her. Some murmurs rose in the Great Hall, the drunken celebrations drowning most of them out.