SIXTEEN

TYRION Lannister was a thinking man. When he looked at the world, he didn't see the certainty provided by faith. No. He saw possibilities, questions, puzzles to be solved. He didn't want to hear that it rained because the gods wanted it to rain, no, he despised that simplistic answer with a passion; he wanted to know how it happened. He wanted to understand every single thing that happened in this world, and for the most part, he could do it, with variant degrees of success.

And yet, no matter how hard he tried, he simply couldn't comprehend Diana of Themiscyra.

Her rumored strength, speed and resistance, so incredibly off the charts that The Mountain would look like a simple man at her side. Jon Snow's own household guards and Ser Davos spoke incessantly about the way she could fight, always in complete control of everything that happened around her, to the point that she could deflect arrows with her bracelets. Of course, he didn't believe in that. To him, it was bloody nonsense. But the truth remained that she was one big mystery to him.

That fascinated him.

Her possession of a piece of glowing rope that could force people to tell the truth; add to that her mastery of every single language in existence, be it her capacity to speak them or understand their written form.

He was present when Missandei-acting on the queen's command- provided Jon and Diana with the men and tools they needed to dig for the dragonglass. The Naathi woman found that the Amazon was fully capable of speaking High Valriyan to the unsullied soldiers, and was pleasantly surprised at her beautifully fluent way of speaking the dying language.

In a lighthearted attempt to compare the languages they mastered, the two women began to speak to one another in the foreign tongues.

However, the Queen's handmaiden and advisor was astonished when Diana continued to speak in languages she had never encountered before.

Missandei, who spoke nineteen languages, fell behind to Diana. So naturally, Tyrion had a long list of questions he didn't know how to answer.

And the fact that she was definitely the most beautiful woman he had ever seen -and he had seen lots of beautiful women all over the world- didn't hurt his desire to know her better either.

The half-man treaded lightly, entering the Chamber of the Painted Table to discuss his strategies with Daenerys. But to his surprise, the same woman he thought so incessantly of was present in the hall instead.

When he met his eyes with hers, stupefaction added to the range of emotions on his face. Gorgeous as she was, Diana was not like other women at all and that made it awkward to try and speak to her while they were alone- especially after the embarrassing stuff he shouted about her under the effects of her glowing lasso two days prior. 

"Lady Diana," He acknowledged her presence, nodding curtly. "Pardon me, Princess Diana." He corrected himself, approaching the taller woman.

The Chamber of the Painted Table was the main hall in the castle of Dragonstone. It is accessed through a passageway located just behind the right hand of Dragonstone's throne.

The room was named after the table that dominated the room, carved in the shape of Westeros and engraved with its major cities and landmarks. Diana took her time to admire it as she had waited to meet with the Targaryen Queen and attempt to convince her to fight alongside them in the Great War to come.

Smiling, the Amazon gently shook her head, her silkly hair cascading with the motion. "We're not in Themiscyra, so I'm not a princess here."

The Lannister was surprised at how humble she was. Of all the unbelievable things Diana said, the fact that she was a princess was the thing that made so much sense. She was truly the picture of of royalty, with her regal presence and eloquent beauty, there was no doubt in Tyrion's mind.