THIRTEEN

THE shadows living in the interior of the boat escaped from the fire of small candles hung from the walls emanated quietly.

They've been sailing to Dragonstone for a fortnight. Thankfully, the winds that carried them from White Harbor were kind, they would arrive soon.

Diana walked through the long corridor with small steps, adjusted to the strange movement in which the ship danced on water. She halted once she came to a door larger than the others.

She tapped softly on the door of the cabin where Jon stayed in.

"Come in." The northerner's exclamation was muffled by the thick wood from which the door was made. Her slender fingers turned the knob of the door, opening it slowly, and when it was completely open, she found Jon Snow with his back to her, resting his hands lightly on a desk on which a large number of unraveled scrolls and pieces of parchment covered its surface. Everything was in perfect order inside his chambers- except for the messy table.

He turned his head to see who was interrupting him with a somewhat serious expression, but at seeing Diana standing in the threshold of the room, his frowning quickly dissipated and his face softened, eyes basically crinkled with happiness. "Diana."

"Enter, please."

At his indication, the woman entered the room and then closed the door behind her, walking towards him. "Jon, I hope I'm not interrupting."

The moonlight came in through a large round window that was high up on the wall. The illumination allowed the king to take note of her outfit. Her warm and loose night dress displaying her tanned shoulders; upon which her dark silky tresses fell. The lace white dress the ravenette adorned wrapped seductively around every curve of her womanly body.

A short stutter left his parted lips before he spoke correctly. "N-no, not all. In fact, I could use your help."

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked with something of amusement and pity in his tongue.

"Not particularly." She answered.

He gave her a smile that didn't reach the end of the right corner of his lips. "We should rest, we'll soon be in enemy territory for all we know." He explained.

He was not wearing his usual Stark armor or the dark direwolf cloak, but instead he was covered by a gray cloth camisole and loose pants. On his face, Diana could see a swirl of emotions, in which restlessness shone above all. The exhaustion becoming prominent on his features.

"What are you doing?" She asked, looking over at the papers splayed upon the wooden desk.

"I asked Maester Wolkan to search for every faded scroll we had about the Long Night. We may find something that lets us defeat the Army of the Dead for good." He said, his hands leaning against the table in front of him.

She took a scroll in her hands and carefully examined it, the words were fading and somewhat incomprehensible. "I see no one took their time to properly chronicle your history." Diana's humorous words were breezy, her voice calm.

The King in the North let out a soft chuckle, making sure it wasn't too loud, and Diana also joined him in his laughter. "You're right about that, yes." He agreed, amusement fluttering in his tongue.

"Please, sit down." He quickly moved to her side of the table and pulled one of the two chairs that were under it, prompting the Princess to sit elegantly as he offered. "Would you like something to drink?"

Diana raised her head to look at him. "I'm good, thank you." She declined, and smiled at him with gratitude.

"What exactly is it that you need to know?" Diana asked.