21- Distance (10k bonus chapter)

Kaito's POV

I stared at the mirror. I gently reached my hand out towards it then pulled it back cradling it with my other hand. My blonde hair cascaded to my hips. I stared at the pale pink dress I had on.

The dress clung to my body. It seemed to accentuate my figure. I then saw my long hair entirely down for the first time in a while.

Tamaki pushes open the door, "Hey Sweetie, are you ready?" I bit my lip, "I-I don't know." He said, "Well, come on. This is something we definitely don't need to miss."

I nodded my head. I grabbed my lipgloss up off the counter and applied it to my lips. I turned to Tamaki with a faint smile.

—memory—

Hisako stared at me, "Mama why are you always closer to me instead of Hina and Hanata." I sighed, "It's just something cause of my mama." Hisako asked, "Was your mama the same?"

I shook my head, "No, she was the exact opposite." He said, "Well, why aren't you like that?" I responded, "I-I just can't Hisako but I love you and your sisters all the same. I just have to have..."

He asked, "Have what?" I responded, "I have to have distance."

—end memory—

——-

I turned around in my seat to see Mitsukuni and Tamaki walking Hina down the aisle. She smiled towards me and I smiled back. I gently mumbled, "My baby..."

——-

Soon after the ceremony Hina came to me. She looked gorgeous in her poofy princess dress. She smiled, "I'm glad you came mama." She wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I felt frozen then I hugged her back.

I replied, "I wouldn't miss it. You look gorgeous Hina." She stammered, "M-Mama..." I asked, "What is it, Hina?"

She said, "Mama, why do you avoid me sometimes?" My eyes landed on her blue/violet ones. I said, "Well I guess you should know."

She looked relieved yet still tense. I said, "It's because my mom got killed in front of me, and I couldn't stop it. In turn I was blamed for her death... That, That is why I stayed in America."

Hina seemed pale, "Why..." She trailed off not knowing what to say. I looked down, "So in turn to protect you and Hanata I never got too close. So in case I ever got assassinated you two wouldn't take the blame."

Hina said, "Mama, it'd be okay." I responded, "Yeah, from now on it should be." Tamaki came over, "What's going on?"

Hina said, "Nothing dad, we were just talking." She winked at me and I nodded to Tamaki. He wrapped an arm around me, "Well, let's enjoy tonight."

I nodded, "Sure. Everyone in my family is happy. Lets have fun." Hina smiled, "Alright, let's go to the reception."