Ch.3 Inch From Death

-Hoodie pov

I was shocked when I saw the face of the false Masky. It was a girl with h/c hair. I was still for a second before pinning her against a tree. She fought back a little bit, but not enough to free herself. I took my gun out and pressed it against the side of her face.

"If you told me that you weren't Masky then you wouldn't be in this situation." I growled as her e/c eyes stared fearfully at the gun.

"It's a shame that I have to destroy that pretty face." I chuckled as I moved the gun under her chin. I couldn't help but think about the two of us in the alley. She slaughtered that poor bastard in cold blood. It's a little surprising that she would go all out like that. She really doesn't look like a killer whatsoever.

"The kill you did in the alley was pretty good." I added while the girl looked at me nervously.

"Th-thanks. It was worth it." She replied quietly. I could barely hear her talk. Her words made me confused. Why was killing that man worth it to her?

"Are you going to shoot her or not Hoodie." Masky said clearly irritated. Everyone was quiet for a moment. I sighed before grabbing her arm.

"Come on." I said before dragging her with me away from Masky and Toby. She was a little clumsy and was struggling to keep her balance while trying to keep up with me. It was funny, but I felt bad at the same time. The girl was walking better when I slowed down. The silence was awkward. It was driving me crazy.

"Why did you kill the bastard? We intended to kill someone anyway, but you really slaughtered him." I said to break the silence. She was quiet for a second.

"He's in a group of guys that are assholes. Most of them pick on me verbally or mess with my stuff. But Hank and Cole prefer physical. Hank followed me after school. Put me in a headlock and punching me over and over. Telling me that they know what my costume was going to be tonight. That they will hunt me down and continue where they left off." She explained. I had a strong feeling that she killed Hank.

"Revenge is satisfying. Don't you think?" I said smirking a little. She nodded her head before looking forward. We were approaching the border of the forest.

"Why haven't you killed me yet?" She asked before we stopped.

"I'm not going to." I replied before receiving a confused look on her face. I let go of her and gently pushed her past the border. She looked back at me still confused.

"Go straight home and don't come back into the woods. Don't try looking for us. Don't admit to killing that asshole in the alley. Forget about tonight." I said before she nodded her head and started walking away. I took a deep breath before reuniting with Toby and Masky.

"You l-let her go, di-didn't you." Toby said before I nodded my head. We started making our way to the mansion.

"Slenderman won't be happy about that." Masky added before I looked at them.

"He doesn't need to know." I replied before eating a piece of candy. The two of them stared at me for awhile. I eventually gave in and handed them some.

"Did you get her name?" Masky asked before eating a piece of candy. I shook my head as we passed the gates.

"I'm not going to see her again so there's no point." I replied before we went through the door and to our rooms. I wasn't in the mood to socialize with the other creepypastas. I just wanted to go to bed.

-Your pov

I was beyond confused. The killer let me go despite how much I saw. He is trusting me to stay quiet. To forget about what I saw. I went straight home like he told me to and put my brother's clothes in the washer. The last thing people need to see is blood on them. It could get him in trouble. He'll get arrested for something that I did. The satisfaction of killing Hank was still there along with relief. One less asshole to worry about. Exhaustion was starting to take hold of me. I looked at the clock. One in the morning. I'm so glad that there wasn't any school tomorrow. My brother is definitely staying the night at Rick's. I smiled as I scooped up my candy. All nighter, candy, and f/m was on my mind. I froze as soon as I stepped out of the laundry room.

"Shit."     I forgot the wig and mask in the woods.