Ch. 8 The Time

-Hoodie pov

"Hoodie wh-where are you going?" Toby asked before I had the chance to walk out the door.  The look on his face said nothing but suspicious. 

"I'm just going on a hunt." I said before opening the door. I was a little tense when Toby stepped between me and the outdoors.

"A-gain?     And th-this late? No one is w-wandering around the woods this l-late at n-ight." He said. I sighed while thinking of some kind of believable lie.

"Ok fine.     I just need to walk around for awhile. Get rid of stress and crap. If I get a kill in tonight, it'd make my day." I  replied while trying to walk around him. Doesn't work when he's blocking the whole damn doorframe. He raised an eyebrow.

"You ti-red of us or s-something?" He asked. There was a sign of irritation in his voice. He's not wrong. I haven't been hanging out with them as much ever since I met Y/n.

"Toby, I'm not tired of you guys.    It's really hard to explain and I don't really want to talk about it.              Not right now anyway." I was being honest at least. Toby seemed a little more satisfied with my response.

"You will t-talk to us about it ev-entually w-won't you?" He added. I nodded my head before he smiled a little.

"Ok g-good. Cause Masky and I-I are really con-cerned about-" Toby said while my mind traveled elsewhere. His constant chatting was making me anxious. Y/n is waiting and probably wondering why I'm late. I need to find the right moment to end this conversation so that I can visit her like I promised.

-Your pov

I bit my lip while checking my phone for the hundredth time. It's almost one in the morning. Why is he so late? He couldn't have been caught by the police. At least I hope not. 

"I'll give him two more hours. Another creepypasta is probably holding him back." I whispered to myself before shivering a little. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long. Time seemed to freeze as the temperature continued to drop. I started dozing off and nodding my head. I don't know how much longer I can stay out here. 

"Come on Hoodie. Please hurry." I begged before shaking my head struggling to stay awake. I was relieved when I heard footsteps approaching the alley. I smiled a little. 

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked before the figure appeared from around the corner. My heart stopped at the sight of him and his pissed face. 

"Indeed I do." Cole replied as he walked towards me. I couldn't move. I was too scared to.  

"It's time to kick your ass." He finished before pushing me back. 

"Hank, my girl, my friends are dead because of you." He added. I punched him before he struck my face. I held my face to try and stop the lingering pain. He hit me harder than normal. Not a good sign.

"I didn't do anything to her or your friends. I only tried to defend myself. I never killed them." I said even though I wasn't completely honest. I killed Hank, but no one needs to know that. Especially him.

"I don't know who killed them, but I know for sure that you had a part in it. Do you really think that I will let you get away with that shit?" He said before punching me. I managed to push him away before I made a run for it.

"You're not running away Y/n! Not this time!" He yelled before I felt something hit my back making me fall. I tried to get back up but Cole was hovering over me kicking me over and over. I wanted to scream for help, but nothing would come out. All I could do was curl up in a ball and hope that it would stop. My vision was getting blurry from my eyes being covered in tears that refused to fall. Everything was getting darker. Cole isn't planning on stopping anytime soon. I was sure that Cole wanted me dead. He stopped when we heard someone coming. I looked past Cole to see a blurry figure.

"You son a bitch!" The figure shouted before it charged at Cole. I knew right away that it was Hoodie. Cole stepped away from me to confront him. I couldn't tell who was winning. I could barely keep my eyes open. Someone took the dagger out of the other's hand and cut their arm. Hoodie yelled in pain and anger before fighting Cole harder. The two of them were outside the alley now. Still fighting. One figure had one hand around the other's neck and started pushing him back until they were around the corner. My hearing was fading away. I'm going to black out soon. The only thing that I heard was a gunshot. Then everything went silent. I could barely see the figure come around the corner covered in blood.

"Y/n!"

-Hoodie pov

I shook Y/n hoping that she would wake up. She was hurt pretty bad. I can't take her to the hospital without revealing myself. But I can't leave Y/n here to suffer. There were sirens going off in the distance. The police must have heard the gun go off. I looked around to make sure that none of my blood was on the pavement. My breaths were rapid along with my heart as I picked Y/n up and ran as fast as I could away from the city and into the woods. I didn't stop until I reached the gate to the mansion. My arm was killing me. It hurt to breath, but it hurt more to see her in this state. I wished that I arrived sooner. She wouldn't have gotten hurt if I wasn't late.