Ch.6 Masked Burdens

-Your pov

My mind was in several places all at once. All the questions I had put me in a trance. So deep in thought that I lost focus in math. Not even the spitballs from Cole's friend Peter could snap me out of it. Word spread pretty fast about Cole's girlfriend. Facts will get twisted into rumors. Cole's friends think that I did it, Cole knows me better. I wouldn't kill her in her own house. I'd get caught without a doubt. They still pick on me, but then again, they've always done what Cole wants.

"Y/n!" My teacher shouted making me jump in my seat. The other students laughed.

"I'm not going to ask you again. What's the answer?" He asked. He must have said a math problem earlier. The one time that I don't pay attention to his boring voice, he picks me. I sat there trying to think of an answer. I looked around at all the faces staring at me. I stopped when I saw someone outside the class window. Hoodie. He was holding a piece of paper in his hand, with a number.

"Twenty-five?" I replied hesitantly. The teacher was surprised as he nodded his head. I looked back at Hoodie to see him gone. I looked at the time. One more minute. It was enough time for the teacher to give us more homework. Everyone dashed out of the room. I put down a couple more questions on my paper before going out myself. I could hear Cole talking about me. He got a couple classmates to join his group. I felt like I was facing a never-ending battle with him. No matter what I do, he'll always catch up to me. I pushed/punched him out of my mind and grabbed my things before running out of school. I looked back to see that they haven't come after me    yet. I walked down the hill and stopped. He was sitting by the tree like in his note. I looked around to make sure that I wasn't followed before making my way to the tree. Hoodie was playing with the blades of grass and unaware of my presence. I cleared my throat to try and not surprise him.  Didn't work. He jumped a little while pulling out a knife. He relaxed a little when he saw my face and lowered his hand.

"Holy shit Y/n." He said as he put it away. I smiled a little and sat down. It was quiet for a while. I guess neither one of us knew how to start the conversation without it getting awkward.

"Thanks for      helping me out on that     math question." I said quietly. Hoodie shrugged before I took out  the sheet of paper. Hoodie leaned over and did a quick glance. He groaned a little before laying down on the grass.

"So many questions." He said. I smiled a little before looking a the list.

"You knew it was coming. I'll try and shorten the list.          Were you following me yesterday?  Have you been watching me for a while?" I asked before looking at him. He sighed a little.

"Yes to both. I was curious why you didn't want them to find out where you lived. I've been watching you for a while now. And yes I'm aware that it's creepy, but that's what I do. Watch and strike." He replied. I nodded and looked back at the paper. Some of the questions were redundant so I skipped them.

"How did you know my name?" I asked before realizing the obvious answer.

"It's on your notes and cards." He stated. It made sense. I put my name on everything involving school. He obviously discovered my name when he found my cards and notes in the forest.

"Why do you not want me going into the woods?" I said while looking at him. He sighed before sitting back up and looking at me.

"It's not safe for you in there. You were lucky to get out the first time. I don't think you'd be as fortunate if they found you wandering around in there. They won't make it a quick death either." He replied while adjusting his hoodie. I nodded my head before reading the last question and putting the paper away. The last one has been on my mind ever since last night.