Chapter 16- A New Simulation

Nothing was adding up. Each time I went to a combat class, or stealth training, or even any of my space program classes, I knew this couldn't have been the full story. Sometimes, if a question was asked in during the class, it was ignored, or we were given excuses. They were always flimsy at best, lies that had no merit at all. It seemed that I was the only one that it bothered. Everyone else in the class accepted the explanations as good enough, but I thought there must be something else going on, another reason this stuff was being taught to us. Arwago sent me a schedule a few days later for me to help monitor the video feeds. I had to keep a log of everything I saw. It made me feel like an important vigilante. I was finally joining the fight against Sidarc. What I saw was a whole lot of nothing. Literally, for hours, I just watched switched between each of the monitor feeds with no movement on them at all. He even had me watch my own room. Not surprisingly, nothing happened in it since I was in the blue room all night watching the world's most boring videos.

The nest morning, exhausted and frustrated, I headed to my stealth training class. Two more new people were there when I arrived. One of them being Arwago. He had already known how to start a fire. This didn't surprise me in the least. There was an obsession that he had with Earth. The food, the culture, the books, the music, the movies; he always seemed to have something Earth related with him. There must have been some book he had read, or some show he had watched that gave him the know-how of building a fire. Or maybe like me someone else had taught him.

"How much do you know about Earth, like for real?" I asked catching up to him after class.

"Um, Reconist, are you forgetting something?" He asked with a smirk. I didn't know what he was talking about, until Krit'ts mimed the salute at me. I saluted but the damage was already done.

"Reconist, you are assigned a mentor for a reason, I suggest you use her wisdom to you advantage," he walked more quickly leaving me and Krit'ts behind. After that, I didn't try to talk to him outside of the comm sheet or the blue room.

Tesser had been pestering me with random questions constantly. Things that seemed to have no meaning, like which hand to I prefer to write with, or my favorite color, when did I learn how to swim, and so on.

She had also asked me to come to the lab for further testing a couple nights ago. She wanting to record my information as an accurate depiction of an alien. She was surprised at her findings being identical as a human except three things. One, the pigments in my skin were much less than the humans on Amacuro, two I was above average in height, above the 99 percentile for woman and three, my hair was naturally very light blonde. I never noticed any of these things as being an issue. My hair was a very light color. Which wasn't unheard of. Lots of women prefer their hair color be a very light blonde, it just isn't very common for the blonde color to be natural. It was pointless to argue with her, but I still wasn't really convinced.

Arwago had told me they were trying to work something out to rescue my dad. The problem was they needed to figure out a safe place to keep him after the rescue. So, I just kept going to my training and my classes and tried to learn as much as possible. I threw myself into training. Notawa had noticed how sharp my focus had been and kept me busy. She even added supplementary materials to keep me engaged in all my classes.

Even with all the distractions, I still looked forward to Friday. Friday meant I got to fly. This time I would be paired with Krit'ts rather than Zarlique who still hadn't been seen or heard from. I had asked Arwago about it and he told me his parents had not reported him missing so we weren't sure anything was wrong yet.

"If they think he's here studying why would they report him missing?" He shrugged his shoulders,

"We can't always assume the worst, that's called being paranoid. I can have Tesser investigate his personal file to see if he was reassigned, but that's it,"