Chapter 19-Escaping Master Guardian

Immediately, I sent a secret comm to Arwago bringing him up to date, but didn't receive a response. Instead, it red, 'offline.' When I saw that message, I started to panic. Something was going wrong, that much was clear. I decided to skip my next class in order to get some answers. First on my list was Master Guardian, Arwago could wait. Without a name tape on his camouflaged door, my memory would have to serve as a G.P.S. Where I ended up, there was nothing but a curved wall in front of me, but it was the place. The pounding of my fists on that wall, echoed manically through the walls.

"Let me in, you son of bitch! You coward! You can't...you won't get away with this!" my rage was volcanic, billowing from my mouth and body like an uncontrollable eruption.

"Ta'law? What's going on?" it was Zarlique.

"It's that monster! Don't you know what he did to you? What he is doing to all of us?!" I knew I was shouting too loudly but it was too late, whatever happened to me, he was going to pay.

Master Guardian was going to be held accountable. For everything. For what he did to me, my father, my mother, Zarlique, Notawa and countless others. Especially, all those people on the comm sheet, he was done.

"Calm down Ta'law! You don't seem like yourself, let's go to medical, I can take you there if you just..." I turned to face him, my face showed every emotion that I was feeling. Nothing was held back.
The resemblance I had to a rabid dog must have been uncanny. Zarlique started to back away slowly. He was looking around at the others that had gathered, searching for someone to help him. The commotion of it all was attracting a large crowd.

"I hope you get help Ta'law, you aren't making sense, I am going to go," he was still backing away, like he was afraid to take his eyes off me. When I turned back around the wall had disappeared. This was exactly what I wanted. Some of my determination was lost when I saw the darkness of the room. But I stomped in regardless. Sidarc was standing near the desk. The small floating light was to the side of him and casting a sinister glare onto his face. There was no fear registering on it at all. On the contrary, he was smiling. He was amused by my current distress.

"Ah, Ta'law, I thought you might be coming by, please have a seat," he said. He seemed completely at ease.

"I'm not sitting down until I get answers! You can't..." I yelled at him. The balls my hands had formed were ready for a fight. He took a few steps towards me very slowly.

"Let me stop you there, you seem to be under the impression that you have any control in this meeting, I can assure you that you do not, now please, sit. down." He had pressed a button on his calcumat, I was immediately frozen into place. The electrical current had pulled me from where I stood, over to the chair on the other side of the room. When I was finally sitting down the current didn't cease but actually increased. There were tiny electrocutions that kept hitting me all over. The zaps felt like microscopic bugs crawling and stinging me every few centimeters. Even though they only felt like pin pricks the effect was very unsettling. This was a huge mistake.

"You think that you know what's going on, that you know how I operate and that it's 'wrong.' Well let me tell you that you know nothing. You have no idea how hard this job is, look at me Ta'law..." I was already looking at him, right into those dark brown eyes. The light had followed him from the desk over to the chair. It had cast a deep shadow across his face but up close, I had noticed a new, very deep cut along his head. It ran from hi s hair line all the way down to his chin over his left eye. He let the glare from me keep going for a few extra seconds then continued to talk.

"You think a couple of your insignificant friends can try to steal from me? You think that this band of stupid rebels is going to take over the flying force?" he laughed, it sounded almost like a growl, gutteral and deep, "Yes! Of course, I know all about Arwago and his cute rebellious pals, you can thank him for this new scar. Don't worry he will pay for it, I am going to find him, hurt him, and I am going to enjoy it," the bits of electrical shocks increased as he stared at me.