10. I miss my hat

Y/N's P.O.V. 

"There's no way that actually happened." Gerard said and I nodded.

"That's amazing." Frank said and I shook my head.

"I was locked outside with 12 dogs for 3 hours. As fun as it was, I gave up dog walking after that." I admitted. I let out a sigh, content with how much pizza I had eaten.
We had all decided to come to my place for some reason and it was almost 7PM. We all were pretty exhausted from today's events.
The sound of a car door slamming caught my attention, before the door opened, revealing my mother, who looked rather pissed off.

"Mom?" I asked carefully, but she glared at me. She glanced at Frank and Gerard, who had seemed to freeze like a pair of deer in headlights.
She stormed off into the kitchen and I jumped up and followed her. 
"What's wrong? I thought you weren't getting back until Friday?"

"Yeah, that was before I got a call from school, not only saying you've skipped twice this week, but they're concerned about you fighting. I had to cut my business trip short to come home and deal with this, only to find two boys in my house." She fumed.

"What do they have to do with anything? They're my friends." I argued back, keeping my voice quiet.

"They look like the same type of boys as your last friend group. You know, heavy music, little antisocial misfits, eyeliner." I rolled my eyes.
"I have no problem with them, just remember how shitty your last friends made you feel. You almost died and they didn't even care."

"Gerard and Frank are different." I glared at her.

"But you've skipped school with them twice and it's only Wednesday!" I wasn't going to bother trying to argue with her. I had skipped once and spent one afternoon in the nurses office.
"I don't want to make you change schools again, but I will if I have to."

"I'm going out." I said and walked out of the kitchen.

"Excuse me?" She asked, raising her voice.

"I'm going out, I'll stay at Brendon's." I lied, going back to where Gerard and Frank were stood awkwardly.
"You guys should probably go home." I hugged Gerard and then Frank, but I lingered with Frank.
"I'll meet you at your place." I whispered, before moving back. I noticed my mom had followed me in and as Frank moved to leave, I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me, kissing him. I did it to annoy her, not actually expecting him to kiss back.

"See you at school, sweetheart." He winked and I smirked a little as they left.

"I'm trying to protect you from people like that and you have to act up, don't you?" My mother snapped and I shrugged.

"Text me when you're leaving next. I'll come back and leave when you come back." It was an empty threat, but clearly she took it too seriously.

"Fine. I will. I'll probably be leaving Monday, anyway." She snapped and I went upstairs, packing a small bag. I wanted to concentrate on making sure I had everything, but the way Frank's lips moved against mine and how his lip ring pushed against my lips distracted me.
He was a hell of a good kisser and that only added to his good looks and amazing personality, or what bits of it I had seen.

~

"If it isn't little miss sass herself." Gerard smirked.

"Gerard, honey, we all know that's you." I shot back as we went into Frank's house.
"So, my mom practically kicked me out, so that's cool."

"She actually kicked you out?" Frank asked and I hummed.

"I'll go stay with Brendon for a bit or something." I put my bag down and dropped down on the couch.

"Or you could just stay here? I think you're forgetting I live here alone and I have like 2 spare bedrooms." Frank said.
"I mean, the worst you'd have to deal with is band practice, but we're in the garage anyway."

"Wait, you guys have a band?" I asked in amusement and Gerard grinned.

"Yeah. We haven't really got a name for it so far, but it's me, Frank, Ray and Mikey." Gerard said proudly.

"Well if you ever need a pianist." I shrugged.
"Or an extra fan, give me a call."

"Awesome." Gerard said, before his phone buzzed.
"Shit, it's Mikey. I have to get home, I'll see you both at school." The boy practically ran out and Frank dropped down next to me.

"You want to talk about it?" He asked and I laughed. Only a few hours ago I was asking him that question.

"She's just annoyed because she stereotypes people." I sighed.
"I've told Gerard the full thing, but basically a while back my house was burgled and my mom was away, but I got stabbed and almost died. Yeah, it's mostly I fault cause I took the knife out and kinda wanted to die at the time, so I didn't bother with calling for help. Anyway, none of my 'friends' visited me in hospital. I was in a coma for two weeks and none of them bothered. She thinks I can't make my own friends and it's annoying as Hell."

"She's just worried you'll get hurt and have no one with you." Frank said and I shook my head.

"She doesn't get it. She thinks I can't see the bad in people because of a mistake I made 3 years ago."

"Well, just to clarify, if you were to end up in hospital, I'm sure you'd have a lot of people by your bedside." He said and I knew where this was leading. We were slowly leaning.
"And I know for a fact, I wouldn't leave."

"Thank you, Frankie." I said and our lips collided again. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his lap.