Chapter 4

Y/N P.O.V

"Eliza, may I come in?" I opened the door and walked into the all-blue room. Eliza was sitting at her desk, writing what looked like a letter.

"Hi, Y/N. What's up?" Eliza said, looking up from the letter.

"Who are you writing to?" I asked, looking over her shoulder. Eliza blushes.

"I met someone at the Ball. His name is Alexander Hamilton." I smile, and rush over to hug her.

"It's about time you found someone. Ma would be mad if you hadn't after a ball like that. What's he like?"

"He talks a lot. His eyes are so pretty. He has brown hair that's pulled into a ponytail. He says he's from the Caribbean. His eyes are beautiful. I think I already said that. Y/N, I think I'm in love." She sighed. "I don't think that Pa will like him, though. He's poor." Eliza visibly deflated.

"I'm sure that Pa will want you two to be together if it makes you happy." Should I tell her about John? She has enough to worry about as it is. It can wait. But Eliza always had a way of knowing when something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I bite my lip, deciding whether or not to tell her. Here goes nothing.

"I think I met someone, too." She squealed.

"Really? Who is it?" I feel my cheeks grow hot.

"John Laurens. Remember the man that was with Peggy and I when we came into Angie's room?" Eliza nods slowly. "We met each other at the ball. He understands me, more than anyone else." Eliza hugged me so hard I could barely breathe.

"I'm so happy for you, Y/N!" I leave Eliza's room as she returns to her letter. I walk past Angelica's door, but I stop when I hear sniffling. I quietly open the door.

"Angie, are you okay?" She looks up, her eyes red. Angelica quickly looks away, trying to hide her face. I walk over and sit on her bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She takes a deep breath, and nods.

"Did you meet Alexander Hamilton?" I shake my head.

"Eliza told me about him, though. What about him?"

"If I said that I liked John, what would you do?" I think for a moment.

"I guess I would let you have him." She nods.

"I understand." I waited for something else, but after a couple of minutes, I walk out, still not sure what to make of the question.