Chapter 12

Yours truly, 

Y/n Schuyler

I sign off the letter, checking it over for the billionth time. No ink blots, misspelled words, or informal sentences. It's as good as it will get.

"Do you think it's ready to be mailed?" Eliza asks, eyes flitting between each line. I nod, turning to look back at my sisters.

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you." Angelica just laughs, pulling me into a bear hug, with Peggy and Eliza joining. 

"It's what sisters are for." I push my chair back, ignoring the cramps in my legs and the many drafts that littered my desk. I race downstairs to see a mail coach passing outside the window (plot convenience, cuz I'm the author and I can do that)

"Sir, I forgot to put a letter out for you!" (idk how mail worked then. Just go with it) He pulls it to a stop, then smiles and takes the envelope.

"Thank you," I wave and head back inside. I feel all jittery, knowing it will take a while to get a response, but filled with anticipation nonetheless.

-Time skip brought to you by drunk Lin singing Ten Duel Commandments-

Things have been quiet. Father's gone to the front lines, and Alex, John, Laf, and Herc haven't been around much with all of the recent battles. 

I've practically been counting the hours since I've sent the letter, and each passing day is going slower and slower. 

"Y/n, you've got a letter!" I jump off my chair and race downstairs, grabbing the letter.

"Thanks Cathie!" I rush back upstairs and call for my sisters, knowing they'd love to hear the reply.

"Guys, come on! I got a response!" They join me in my room, and I carefully peel the envelope open.

                                                                                            <...>

Haha, cliffhanger >:)

Also, I know it's been a while since I updated and this one's short, but it's progress. Signing off :)