Chapter 15

After the first transformation, Jana didn't have any trouble transforming. After a little research, they found that she was a margay, a small feline native to Central and South America.

Severus had questioned Jana several times on a werewolf other than Amaris, but she said that there wasn't one.

He looked over the symptoms of Lycanthropy one last time. There was no way he was wrong.

Severus cornered Sirius Black in the kitchens and had him against the wall with his wand at his throat.

"I know Lupin's a werewolf." He growled, grabbing Black's wrist to keep him from getting his wand out of his pocket. "He's always sick or visiting his sick mum around the full moon. Where do you four go on the full moon?" He spat, his wand jabbing into Black's throat as Black tried to wriggle out of his grip.

"I'll never tell you!" Black growled, glaring harshly into Sev's dark eyes.

"Are you sure? I'm not Athena Carrow, but I know a few things you wouldn't want to get out. Things even your friends don't know."

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Well, they say it takes one to know one." He suddenly froze, blood draining from his face. He looked at him wide-eyed.

"Let me go!" He tried to escape, but found he couldn't move. Severus had wordlessly cast the Impediment jinx.

"I'll tell the whole school, starting with Potter." He sneered.

"The Whomping Willow. There's a knot at the base of the tree. Press it and you'll find what you're looking for."

"Good dog." Severus sneered before leaving. Black crumpled to the ground, trembling before he stood shakily.

Ruby didn't know there was anything going on outside of the normal until she felt a sharp spike of fear from her twin. It was the middle of the night, and she had woken immediately.

It had been just like any other night, she lay curled up on the window seat, the window open to let in a cool breeze, the moon and stars shining down on her sleeping form. The full moon.

She jumped to her feet immediately, grabbing her wand as she dashed out of the common room, the Fat Lady grumbling at her for waking her at such a late hour. She ignored the woman and rushed towards her twin.

She ran through a maze of hallways, suddenly finding herself outside. She didn't stop to think, running towards the Whomping Willow, a dangerous tree that liked to attack students that got close. She saw a small tunnel at the base, and dove in, her shield protecting her from the flying branches.

She practically flew down the tunnel, rushing to get her brother. She didn't expect what she found at the end. There was a trapdoor which she quickly climbed up through, and found herself in an old shack. The furniture was ripped to shred, the walls gouged deeply as if a giant animal had scratched them trying to escape. Each room she entered was worse than the last, although she didn't give herself any time to ponder it. She threw open the last door to see Severus backing away from a ferocious beast.

It growled, picking itself up from the corner where it looked like it had been thrown, and bounded towards her brother. Ruby would know this beast anywhere. It was a werewolf.

Under normal circumstances, Ruby probably would have been frozen in shock. There was another werewolf in Hogwarts. She would have thought this was Amaris, but it was clearly male. Besides, Amaris had told them she spent the full moon in the Forbidden Forest far away from anyone. But she didn't have time to process it or guess who it might be. She needed to protect her brother.