#chap12 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Happy Sunday!!!  One of my favorite chapters.. ❤❤❤

Atharva was barely able to take in what Minish had just told him, as if he was in some kind of a dream, when he saw Shruti. He just blinked his eyes to assure himself that this was really happening. Shruti, on the other hand, held her head high, and refused to even glimpse at Atharva.

To be continued…

Atharva was absolutely spellbound; it was as if no one else existed around him… no crowd, no vehicles, nothing. He was completely lost in the vision that met his eyes; the one for whom his heart had been weeping. It was as if that corner in his heart which had shut its doors for everyone else, suddenly opened up to welcome the only person he would ever allow. He simply kept looking at her while she and Rohan walked towards them.

Shruti was looking everywhere else but him, not wanting her emotions to rule over her brain. Everyone greeted each other in general and fell into an uncomfortable silence. She felt very awkward as 4 pairs of eyes stared at her, making her feel extremely conscious.

She noticed without particularly looking at him, that he looked equally classy in the formal clothes as well. He was wearing a navy blue shirt teamed up with grey trousers. Although she tried hard to find fault with his dressing, she found none. In fact, he looked really sophisticated.

Thankfully, Isha came to her rescue again. As if she remembered Shruti from the other day, she playfully hid behind her mom’s Dupatta and did peekaboo. She brought a smile on Shruti’s face, and made her feel wee bit better.

Atharva apparently had eyes only for her. He could see that she was dressed simply, compared to the elegant outfit she had donned on the other day, but nonetheless, he was charmed by her once more. He didn’t have an iota of doubt in his mind that he was head over heels in love with this girl. He observed that she looked forlorn and also that she was trying her best not to look at him.

Rohan was noticing him all the time, to be able to judge as to what was going on in his mind. He could clearly see that he was dumbstruck and lost, but most importantly just staring at his sister.

Shankar suggested, “Let us go up… have booked a table for us just to be cautious, since it’s Saturday.”
Rohan agreed, “Yes of course, let us go.”

They all walked towards the elevator and they got in. Minish pressed the 2nd floor button.They were all a bit crammed up in the lift. Shruti felt that tingling sensation run through her body as she realised that Atharva was standing right behind her. She could feel his breath, which only increased her heartbeats.

Atharva was feeling equally restless, just waiting for her to look at him at least once. He could easily see that she was not the same bubbly person, so full of life whom he had met on the other day. He vowed that since he had been given a second chance, he would amend the situation, come what may.

They alighted at the 2nd floor and entered the restaurant. The head waiter guided them towards their table and they seated themselves. Shruti sat as far away from Atharva as possible, on the opposite side, still unable to make herself look at him. She felt really vulnerable, thoroughly aware of the fact that if she takes one look at him, he would be able to see her feelings for him in her eyes, as clear as crystal water. She was scared to portray those emotions, not wanting to show him how gravely all this had affected her.

Shruti tried to strike up a conversation with Preksha who was sitting right beside her. The guys had general discussion about business as they were from the same field. Shruti was trying to interact with Isha who gave a very cute dimpled smile to her.

After a while, Shankar said to Rohan, “I think we should let Atharva and Shruti meet alone and let them converse.”
Rohan readily agreed, “Yes of course.”
Shankar suggested, “Atharva, you two can sit on another table I feel.”