#chap34 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

At that very moment, they heard voices outside. It barely gave them a moment to compose themselves and Shruti quickly went in the kitchen under the pretext of having water.

To be continued….

Atharva came out of the room once he had freshened up and splashed water on his face. He needed it desperately to cool himself down. Although he didn’t regret it one bit, he was definitely thankful for the intervention. He chided himself for losing control on his senses, and getting carried away. He knew he had been savage with her and hoped it hadn’t put her off. He determined firmly to stay in his limits from next time onwards.

He thought grimly that he is going to have a tough time keeping his desires in check. It was going to be another 9 months before they would be able to unite forever. He thought on a whim about preponing the marriage, as his thoughts were anyways quite pre-occupied with Shruti nowadays.

The reminder about how busy he will be in the coming months with the set up of the plant, made him somber and come back to reality. He very well knew that he won’t be able to give time once the machinery arrives. It wouldn’t be fair or even practical, so he left it at that and joined the others in the hall.

Shruti had changed into her pyjamas by then. It was quite late and all decided to call it a day. Mansi mentioned that she will quickly change and join her in her room. Shruti gave her a smile and nodded. Atharva glanced at her to gauge her reaction, as he himself was feeling a bit guilty. They looked at each other and softly wished ‘good night.’

Shruti chatted for sometime with Mansi and then nodded off, at peace today as she had company. Next morning, her mood was a bit off as she wasn’t going to meet him for a few days now. She hurriedly wiped away a tear, unable to understand what took over her.

Right after the breakfast, which Atharva insisted her to have, she had to leave so as to be on time for the train. She held his hand throughout the way, wanting to feel him enough to be able to sustain without seeing him for another 15 days. She had gone unusually quiet, and kept wiping a tear which dared to escape unwarranted from her eyes. She herself couldn’t understand why was it so difficult to accept. It wasn’t as if they were not going to be in touch.

Atharva couldn’t take it anymore and beseeched, “Please don't make this more difficult for me.”

She knew it was going to be tough for him as well, more so in fact, as he will have to face the added work pressure too. She put on a brave face and smiled at him. They had arrived at the station. He purchased a bottle of water and reminded her to have her lunch that he had thoughtfully got packed for her to eat on the way.

She smiled at the way he simply squeezed her hand before leaving, making sure she had settled down in the train. He checked around to see the other passengers and was relieved to notice a family sitting there.

Just before leaving, he instructed, “Keep me informed and have your lunch… take care… be careful.”
She returned, “You too please take care and don’t get so engrossed in your work ki mujhse baat karneka bhi time na mile.”
He shook his head and chuckled half heartedly and said, “See you,” to which she couldn’t reply, fearing she would break down right there. He then left as the train was about to depart.

Atharva headed towards the office. By the time Shruti reached Nashik, he had literally bugged her; sent her messages asking about her whereabouts, whether she had her lunch or not, hope she is comfortable, take care of yourself, don’t be careless with your belongings, etc.

In fact, she was so pissed off due to his advices that when she was about to reach the station and he called, she returned, “Atharva… saath hi aa jaate chhodne ke liye. Would have been easier you know!”
He had been tensed about her well being since she was traveling alone and said in a serious tone, “Next time better go by car. Our driver can drop you.”
Shruti snapped, “Am not a kid! Have traveled before… so chill.”