#chap13 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Rohan shook hands with Atharva and politely greeted all goodbye. Shruti likewise greeted all except Atharva, who kept waiting for her to say something to him as well, but she refused to. She felt absolutely shaken inside, and simply wasn’t in a mood to be courteous. It didn’t go unnoticed by the Shahs. They looked at her expectantly, but she didn’t give a damn. Then, Rohan gave her a ‘don’t-you-dare’ look and gestured her to behave herself. Finally, she gathered up her courage, looked at him with mixed feelings and said, “Bye.” He too wished her softly, “Bye.”

To be continued….

As soon as the Shah family left, Rohan looked at Shruti scornfully and said, “What’s all this nonsense Shruti? When are you going to be a little mature? He must have felt insulted coz of what you just did.” Shruti snapped back, “Oh really? Why is everyone finding fault with what I did and conveniently turning a blind eye towards his mistakes?”
He was losing control on his temper. He said sarcastically, “Would you please bother to enlighten us as to what mistake has he committed?”
Shruti was completely pissed off by now. “Forget it… am not answerable to you.” She stamped her foot in anguish and just sat in the car, trying to cool down. He barely held himself in check, lest he shakes his sister and drills some sense in her.

Both were quiet for a while; Rohan could understand what Shruti was going through. He knew that his sister was so soft hearted inside, that anyone could crush her feelings easily. She was an extremely emotional person; so her reaction to the situation was valid till a certain extent. But to be fair, Atharva was also a very genuine person. He had clearly shown his affection towards Shruti. Even though Rohan had hardly seen them together for a couple of minutes, he could see the longingness with which Atharva had seen her. Why couldn’t Shruti see that? Hope she realises soon, before it’s too late. He had been talking to Minish and Shankar as well. They had been very courteous to him. Thankfully, there had been no dearth of talks, and all three had been busy discussing about what’s currently in vogue, the future trend in fabrics, etc. As far as he could judge, they were a decent lot. He didn’t get into the discussion of last evening’s happenings. He was sure Shruti must have given her piece of mind, in spite of warning her against it. She was yet to learn how to curb her impulsive nature.

Meanwhile, both Shankar and Minish were inquisitive to know what happened. Atharva’s face said it all. He knew Shruti liked him too... the wretchedness on her face, the torment in her voice when she lost her cool had given her away, more than she had wanted to. Even then, he knew that she needed a lot more cajoling to actually believe in his adoration for her. He very well knew that unless and until he convinces her, he won’t be able to rest in peace. He thought he will execute his plan, with little help from Minish. That was the only way out. He just crossed his fingers, and hoped everything works out in the way he wanted.

As soon as the Verma siblings reached home, they were attacked with loads of questions about what happened. Shruti was in double mind by then; didn’t know whether to be defensive about Atharva or blame the poor guy for something that he himself had no clue. Couldn’t think with a clear mind, and went to her mom and lay down her head in her lap. Her mom could read her like a book, understanding her better than herself. She had always been her guiding star in times of turbulence.

Shruti didn’t know whether to trust her instincts at present and looked towards her mom for her advice. Mrs Verma very lovingly patted her head, calming her down. She cuddled closer and poured out everything that happened in the past hour. In a way, she felt much better, recollecting all that happened, having unshed tears in her eyes.
Her mom listened patiently and then very lovingly told her, “Before I give my opinion, please answer my questions first.”

She asked, “Shruti, did you at any point of time feel that Atharva was hiding something or not being truthful?”
Shruti shook her head. “No… he was frank about what had happened.”
Mom questioned, “Did you even once feel that he is only thinking about himself and not concerned about your feelings?”
She hesitantly answered, “N.. no…”

Her mom continued, “I know you hate it if someone tries to be bossy, and takes decisions without involving you. He didn’t do that Shruti… he very much cared to include you… appreciate his qualities. Very few people take a stand for what is right; not everyone has that courage and willingness. I completely understand that you were hurt and didn’t respond very amicably, but then life is not a bed of roses … it has its share of thorns too. It takes ages for 2 people to form a good  rapport. Even then, it is more of a wishful thinking for most. Although I met him for a brief moment yesterday, I can vouch that he is really a gem of a person. His eyes mirrored the person he truly is, not faking anything. Just imagine, after just one meeting if you both developed this kind of an affection for each other, after meeting up just once he could blatantly tell his parents about his feelings for you, I can only tell you this much that you would be a fool to let him go for something that was beyond his control. He must have equally suffered, so much so that it influenced his parents to rethink about their decision. Doesn’t that say it all? I am not saying that you won’t face difficulties, but I am surer than anything else, that he would be there with you in those times. What more can anyone expect from a relationship?”

Shruti just lay there, listening intently to her mother showing her the true meaning of life, and how fortunate she would be to have Atharva by her side.

When the Shahs reached home, their parents were waiting as well to know how the meeting went. Atharva straight away went to his father and gave him a hug.
Mr Shah also mellowed down and said, “Hope everything works out for the best. How did it go?”
He replied, “Papa.. she was very heartbroken coz of what happened. Not completely convinced that we are all in favour now. I guess she needs some time to think over. Hopefully, she realises soon.” Mr Shah agreed and said, “Okay then.. Will call up Mr Verma on Monday. I believe they are returning back tomorrow.”

He nodded. It was an extremely taxing day for him, emotionally, mentally as well as physically. He quietly had his meal and retired to his room. Due to two days of lack of sleep and the hectic schedule, he fell asleep soon, though his mind was not at peace.

Next day morning, Shruti woke up with a clearer mind and felt a bit ashamed about the way she had behaved with Atharva. She didn’t have too much time in her hand as they had to leave by 9.30 a.m. max and as usual, she was yet to be done with her packing. So she went about her routine on an automated mode, her mind continuously rewinding yesterday’s meet. She accepted that however much she tries to fool herself, she had already fallen fathoms deep in love with him. She felt embarrassed about behaving so rudely yesterday. In spite of that, he had been extremely chivalrous, making her feel so so guilty right now.

Atharva woke up with a determination. He was not someone who can let a situation slip out of his hands that easily. At least, he needs to have the satisfaction of trying his best. He was only focusing on what needs to be done further, and finally confided in Minish about the plan he had in mind.

Parmars And Vermas bid each other adieu on a happy and hopeful note, blessing Rohan and especially Shruti with luck. She blushed at that, touched their feet for blessings and they all started their journey towards their home, Nashik.

To be continued...

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: All content posted is original work of the author and no part of the content can be copied, reproduced or posted in parts or whole on any other social media platforms, websites, publications or published in form of a hard copy without the prior consent of the Author.

©2019. Sagas_by_Irvika. All rights reserved.