#chap46 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

The thing about such occasions is that it takes so long for the preparations… builds up your enthusiasm and keeps you energised. However, it gets over sooner than you wish. For Shruti, it meant end of the stay at Shah residence.

To be continued….

At night, when everyone retired to the room, Atharva sat with Shruti on his favourite swing in the living room. He looked tired and she couldn’t help commenting, “Aisa Kya kiya that you are so tired? Look at you! Ready to doze off any minute. It’s the ladies who did the running around. It should be me having that knocked out look on the face.” She teased him, “It seems you spent your energy only in hogging. God! You have some capacity!! And oh yes! How can I forget about this? How many laddoos can you have? I think I lost count of the number that went in your tummy today. Mere peechhe khaaye honge woh alag.” She finally stopped speaking, taking a breather.

Atharva sat, merely shaking his head, as if in disgust, which only fuelled Shruti more. She blurted, “What?! At least be mindful about the quantity.” He said exasperatedly, “I knew this! Shru… you already sound like a wife… you know? Haath me belan leke peetne wali types.” She widened her eyes at his comment and actually whacked him on his back. “Yeah… you are right!” Atharva with a sad face mocked, “Should have listened to Abhinav! He had warned me about all this happening after marriage. But you have started with your atrocities now itself.”

Shruti couldn’t help grinning at his comments and both burst into laughter. She suddenly said, “Marriage se yaad aaya. Finally we are getting married Atharva!” She said with an excitement which made Atharva glad... still, he pulled her leg. “Were you having doubts about it lady? It was bound to happen na.” Shruti lost her patience as he pretended to not get her meaning and said impatiently, “Arey! Today when my parents came, they discussed about the wedding dates na!” He said dreamily, “Yaa… let’s see… anytime after January 15th.”

She couldn’t contain her happiness and gave a quick peck on his cheek. He looked at her as a naughty gleam crept in his eyes. “Jaanu… now that Bappa is not at home, how about continuing with what we left midway in the evening?”

Shruti squealed, “Are you completely crazy? Lower your tone at least! What if someone listens?! We are sitting in the living room… not room in case you have forgotten.” He said slyly, “Chal then… let’s go to the room.” She rolled her eyes and said, “Let’s get serious Atharva… I am feeling apprehensive you know. Hope everything goes smoothly, without any hindrances.”

Atharva could hear the anxiety in her voice and responded, “Hey! No need to get so anxious! Everything will go smoothly… chill.” She murmured and nodded her head. Then the very next moment, her eyes sparkled with the thought and she exclaimed, “Am soooo excited for tomorrow. Wedding trousseau shopping! Since mom is also here, we had planned to get it done.”

Atharva yawned again when Shruti couldn’t hold back herself, “You know? I have two terms to describe you perfectly.” Atharva’s interest peaked and he looked at her earnestly. She answered cheekily, “Workaholic and…. “ she could barely hold her laughter and said, “Sleepaholic.” He hadn’t expected this and was aghast for a minute. He composed himself quickly and retorted, “Yeah right and you are a true shopaholic.” Shruti bowed down and accepted, “I agree Your Highness! Any more compliments you would like to shower upon me?”  He chuckled and said, “Shru.. you are a complete crackpot you know… Kuch bhi bolti hai.” She grinned and they carried on their banter for a while. They were dead tired but both were unwilling to sleep as on the next day Shruti will be leaving. 

They bid each other farewell in the most loving way they could, savouring their proximity. Every single time they had to part, they used to feel torn… unable to bear the pain. But it was inevitable of course. They were engulfed in an embrace when a sob escaped her. Atharva pacified her by saying, “Few more months to go Jaanu. Then we won’t have to pine for each other.” She wiped her tears and replied in a dejected tone, “Ya… but then I will be in for another dilemma. I will miss my home and my family just as much.” He sighed, “Abhi iska solution kahaa se lau? You always have something lined up. Ek problem khatam toh dusra aa jaata hai.” She giggled at his helplessness and hugged him tight.