#chap24 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Atharva could feel her voice vibrating through his entire system, it had an honesty, and he could feel her love for him through the song. He was over the moon to hear her fulfil his wish and was elated.

He spontaneously clapped his hands and earnestly appreciated her, “Shruti… that was simply awesome! You are really good at singing… thank you so much for such a delightful payback… I couldn’t have asked for more!”

Shruti was happy, but….

To be continued….

Shruti was happy, but her nerves were yet to calm down. She could feel the exhilaration in his voice but couldn’t make herself look up at him. They sat in an amicable silence for a while. The atmosphere was electrifying, with a lot of emotions and unspoken words floating. For the time being, their eyes conveyed all that was unsaid in between them.

In a while, they reached Nainaa’s home. Nainaa had messaged her to get Atharva up  but in spite of a lot of insistence, Atharva refused to come, saying that since it was too late, he was feeling very awkward.

Shruti conceded after a while and was about to get down from the car, when Atharva stopped her saying, “Shruti…” she turned around and looked at him.
He simply said, “Thank you… for everything.”
She gave him a dazzling smile and said, “Thanks for coming in my life Atharva.”

Both gazed at each other for a minute, and finally parted. He reminded her, “Please message once you reach home. Am waiting over here till then.”
She looked at him wide eyed, “Arey! It’s okay… I am not a kid… you have to drive back as well.”
He refused to listen. “You were with me so it’s my responsibility. Just do as I say.”

Shruti nodded her head, not wanting to argue, waved at him and went inside the complex.

She couldn’t resist smiling at his authoritative tone; mentally preparing herself that he is going to be decisive. Then again, it was this very nature of his which had saved their relationship. She shuddered thinking about the consequences if he wouldn’t have been adamant.

She reached Nainaa’s home, and saw her waiting at the door. She was about to message, when the call came. “Have you reached?”
She smiled at his impatience and replied, “Yes.. just reached.. was about to message you.”
He answered, “Okay..cya.” She returned, “Bye…”

Atharva just sat there in the car for 2 mins… glanced at the screen and smiled at the name that had taken away his heart. He started driving the car, and was filled with her thoughts all the way. He knew she felt perturbed and inconfident when he teased her, but he just couldn’t resist. The way she had sung the song, he knew then and there that it was her way of letting him know her feelings. How lucky! She could at least voice out… no such luck here.

God! He knew it was too soon but he couldn’t help yearning to take her in his arms and convey his feelings in the only way he knew. He could do any thing for this girl.

Once he reached home, he sent her a good night message, waited for her reply, and with a smile thinking about the day, went to sleep.

The next day didn’t go as they had wished to. Shruti woke up in the morning and greeted aunty and uncle. They both showered blessings on her and congratulated her in person.

Over the breakfast, all her hopes were dashed as on the spur of the moment, they planned for a day visit to Sula Vineyards, near Nashik. Shruti felt utterly  dispirited and Nainaa and Abhinav could feel her unhappiness.

Nainaa asked her to come in the room and apologised, “Sorry Shru.. I know you two must be wanting to meet each other today, but this wasn’t pre planned. Actually, the issue is that we can’t even invite Atharva as mithijeeb is yet to be done… so won’t look appropriate.”