Chapter 1 | John

A/N: hey, due to a recent rise in story theft, I would like to specify that I'm Tortollino and I wrote this fic on Wattpad in 2020. If you are reading this under a different username or on a different site, please motify me as soon as possible!

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the story <3
--------------------------------------------------------

 Blankly, I gazed across the empty classroom. The nearest halls were abandoned. I was left in motionless silence as if time itself had stopped.

Time

Once I knew a girl who could do such a thing; stop time. Maybe, not too long ago, the thought of her would have had an effect on me, pfft, it did! But not anymore. Now I was free. I was free of all burden; guilt, grief, fear, rage, despair.  I felt none of it. Nothing. Emptiness consumed me. I let it. After all, it was better to feel nothing, than to be held captive by aimless emotions. All they ultimately brought was pain.  

Slowly, a tear slid down my cheek. I wasn't surprised, it happened every so often, but I wasn't sure why.  Although, it didn't bother me much. Nothing really did anymore. Not the whispers, not the stares. Really all that incident did was relieve me of my,  previously tormenting, worries.

'Fix it yourself'

'Hypocrite'

'Learn your place'

'Monster'

It didn't matter. After all this time, my life was calm. I was calm. One could say tranquil. I could finally do what I wanted, but I desired nothing. I had no passions, interests or hobbies. They were pointless. I had no responsibilities, none that I cared about at least.

TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP

Suddenly, the silence was broken. Someone was coming this way, judging by their speed, they did not seem happy. I was glad I couldn't relate.

TAP, TAP, SQUEEEAK.

The person stopped, entering the classroom abruptly. "Seriously, John!?", the cyanette whined, "At least answer your phone!"