Chapter 6 | Cecile

Trembling in his tight embrace, I let his musky smell invade my lungs. His hand gently held my head against is muscular chest. I really wanted to believe his words, but how could I? One doesn't get over someone that easily!

For weeks I've been in denial. I didn't want to admit my feelings for him, not even to myself. When I saw him so broken I couldn't help but feel for him, after all, betrayal and abandonment are some of the worst things one can ever go through. With all my heart, I hated Seraphina for how she treated him!

Yet I could never shake my jealousy towards her, I knew that no matter what I did, I wouldn't be able to bring John to his knees, like she did. Just by not being around, she shattered his soul and ripped away his purpose in life. A part of me wished that I possessed this ability, which I was deeply ashamed of.

Although he made me weak in the knees, I always did my best to remain strong in John's presence. Despite my efforts, when he kissed me  in that classroom, I crumbled. Being a plaything in his hands. I didn't want to be that girl. I wanted to be someone who sets the rules and boundaries. Someone who demands respect. Not some bootleg-Seraphina-wannabe.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen. But I would never consider you a replacement for Seraphina. I won't disrespect you like that." Yeah sure, lies.

After a few moments of warmth and stillness, John pulled away. He gave me a seemingly honest smile and asked me where I wanted to go.

"I suggest Woba Boba.", he grinned at me.
" But its not even 3rd period, yet!", I protested, giving the ravenette a look.

" Yeah, that's true. But will it hurt if we skip till lunch?", the asked smirking at me.

I considered my options, I haven't skipped class before, EVER, so I was nervous to do so now. But I wanted to get swept up in the excitement. I wanted to spend time with him. I wanted to show him that I was more than Seraphina could ever be. But I knew he'll never see it that way. I'll show you.

"Fine. Let's go.", I said calmly, hiding my anxiety.

Energetically, John grasped my hand, interlocking our fingers. Throwing a wink my way, he ran, dashing through the hallway. Luckily everyone got out of our way. I could barely keep up, practically leaping to not get left behind. Adrenaline was buzzing in my veins, feeling the energy power me without limit.

I smiled as we ran off school grounds. It was my perfect scene. I allowed my emotions to cloud my rationality,  just this once.