Chapter 2 | Cecile

'Where is he now??', I thought to myself, 'John is worse than a toddler!' Speed-walking angrily, I investigated the hallways of Wellston High School. Looking for it's King was clearly no easy task. What didn't help was the fact that he didn't answer my texts, I was on my own. I must have looked through every crevice of the East Wing, he was usually around here, but today there was no sign of him.

Though the Shadow King always seemed to be present in conversation, nonetheless, it was expected, John did dethrone Arlo only a few days ago. But this gossip was incessant! 'No wonder he isn't around here!'

I walked, hastily, passed the cafeteria. And of course, that bit*h was there, casually laughing with her, low- ranked, besties. Seraphina was undoubtedly too ignorant to see the consequences of the actions, stripping John of his last life-line, how dare she?!

She had such a punchable face as if it had 'hit me' written all over it. But I wanted to slap her, backhand preferably, just like she did him, right in front of everyone. Just to make a scene.

Hesitantly, I decided to control myself and continued walking. I didn't have time for this, I had a reputation to uphold. And, even though I didn't want to admit it, I was worried.

John took the whole ordeal really hard, even though I didn't know him too well, I still hated to see him suffering.

Sighing, I turned to an abandoned hall way. Here it was eerily quiet, like this area was detached from the rest of the building, or reality at all, for that matter. Honestly, it gave me the creeps. I speedily continued down the corridor, ' I swear, when I find that boy-', I halted both my body and my thought as a head of black hair caught my eye. There he was. The man of the hour, sitting alone in a classroom, looking pitiful as ever.

"Seriously, John?!", I waltzed into the classroom, arms folded," At least answer your phone!"

There was no reaction, the ravenette continued to stare at the wall in front of him. So I decided to stand directly infront of him, blocking the unsightly wall.

Irritated, I waved my hand barely and inch from his face, " Hello? Anybody home?" I signed no one was ever home.