Chapter 14 | Blyke

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-SMACK!

Grumpily, I shut off the alarm that ended my dream. It was a really good dream, Remi and I were on a Ferris wheel at an amusement park. We were sitting close to each other, I leaned in and- My alarm just had to go and ruin everything! I sighed, exhaling my frustration. Every time.

I sat up, escaping my clingy bed sheets. I stretched slowly, yawning loudly. I was tired, I barely got any sleep because of all the noise coming from John's room. It sounded like he was moving furniture!, I shook my head, disappointed at my roommate's stupidity. At one point I think he even injured himself judging by his thunderous groan. Well, that's what you get for redecorating in the middle of the night.

Standing up, I reached for my towel and started to walk out of my room and towards the bathroom. John usually slept in on a Saturday, meaning I had the bathroom all to myself! I arrived at the door, pressed on the handle and- nothing. The door was locked. Wha-How?!

Cursing the ravenette under my breath, I turned on my heel and stomped towards the kitchen. Without my cold, morning shower I was in desperate need of coffee! Casually, I entered the kitchen throwing, my towel on a nearby stool.

"Oh, good morning Blyke!", exclaimed a cheery, feminine voice. 

Startled, I looked up to see a familiar cyanette. She was wearing her bob cut hair in a small, low ponytail, her bangs slicked behind her ears. "Oh, good morning... Cecile.", I responded. What is she doing here?

"Coffee?", she asked.

"Must you ask?", I replied cheekily, smiling at her tiredly.

"Comming right up.", Cecile returned my grin. Odd, she usually would just glare at me or roll her eyes or something. What's got her in such a good mood?

Soon enough, she handed me a steaming cup of caffeine. Gorgeous energy condensed into boiling goodness. I ripped the mug from her hands, chugging the contents down almost instantly.

After taking a breath of cool air, soothing my numbed throat, I asked the generous girl, "So, when did you get here?"

"Yesterday evening.", she answered, shrugging her shoulders. I light pink tinted her cheeks.

"Oh, so you stayed the ni-iiiigghht?!", My eyes widened, as my jaw loosened. The obvious pierced its way through my thick skull. I took a good look at Cecile. All she had on her was an oversized black t-shirt, undoubtedly John's. It hung on her loosely, long enough to just about cover her bottom half but still rendering her black panties visible. I blushed viciously. I noticed faint bruises on her thighs. Omg. No! It's not what it looks like! Nope! It's definitely not what you think, Blyke!!!  I looked up at her face, she looked awfully smug, then I saw a hickey or two at the nape of her neck. Frick! It's exactly what it looks like! I wheezed, I wasn't prepared for something like this! Were the rumours true?!

On cue, the bathroom door clicked open, from it emerged John. His midnight hair was wet and the only thing he had on him beside the towel draped over his shoulder were his boxers.

"Geez! Cover yourself, man!", I called turning my glance to my empty mug.

"Oops, sorry! I didn't know you were awake.", he replied, then walked over to the girl leaning on the counter.

John kissed her cheek and she handed him a previously brewed coffee. The couple stared deeply into each other's eyes as they both took long sips of their beverages.

Suddenly, John turned to me, "Hey, you can use the bathroom now if you want.", with harsh emphasis on the 'now'. It was time to leave.

"Yup! S-sure.", I speedily trotted into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I slid down sed door, curled into a ball and toppled on to the floor, trying to comprehend the situation I am in.

I felt a strong urge to rip my own ears off or stab my brain with a splintering pencil. What I heard yesterday was not furniture.

Making me shudder, a small knock vibrated through the wooden panels of the gate to my safe zone. "Hey, Blyke?", it was John," You forgot your towel.", a slight edge to his voice.

Crap. I'm in deep sh*t now.