Chapter 2 - Escape

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Unedited

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I woke to a completely freaked out Hermione. She was yelling for Harry. I sat up groggily and looked around. No one was in the living area any longer, I was alone but I could hear the voices echoing.

"Hermione?" I yelled into the air in question when the voices stopped.

"Adrena where upstairs!" Ron yelled from the bannister.

I slowly stood and limped to the stairs. I glanced up wondering how I was to get up there.

"I'll just wait down here unless it's important, my leg still a bit sore." I called up.

That was an understatement. My leg was on fire, it felt worse than it had last night. I quickly made my way to the kitchen. I raided the cupboards for food and first aid. It never hurts to have muggle first aid around. I finally found tons of canned food and grabbed some of the soup and fruit, making a simple breakfast for us all.

My leg began to throb and sting and I finally sat down. I rolled up the leg to my pants and gasped. My leg was several shades of nasty blue and purple. Whatever Hermione has done to close the wounds hadn't worked so well. The wounds were awful, puckered and fiery red. It was definitely infected.

The trio then walked in. Hermione gasped looking at my leg. Harry looked alarmed and Ron looked like he was going to be sick.

"I thought it was ok but it hurt an awful lot this morning and I just finally looked at it, I think it's infected." I told Hermione. Hermione grimaced and started to look sick herself.

The soup started to boil and I went to get up but Harry stopped me and made me sit again as he went to stir our breakfast.

"I'll get the bag, I know I packed tons of dittany so that should help. As for the infection, I think another round of healing potion should help. The glass must have been effected by the black magic cast by those death eaters. It's making it really hard to heal." Hermione explained.

She then turned and made her way out of the room. Ron sat across the table from me so he couldn't see my leg as Harry brought bowls of canned fruit and soup to sit in front of us. Harry sat the fake horcrux in front of me.

"The letter inside has the initials RAB. I was walking around when I found Sirius's brothers room. His name was Regulus Arcturus Black. I remember Sirius telling me he was a death eater before he disappeared and was supposed dead." Harry explained.

"So he stole the horcrux from You-know-who and tried to destroy it?" I asked.

"Ya but the question is, did he?" Ron said quietly.

"We don't know. I'm not sure..." Harry started but was startled by a movement in one of the cupboards.

Hermione has just come into the room and we all stared at the cupboards. It raddled one more time before Harry slowly approached it. He quickly slung it open, wand pointed. His shoulders seemed to sag as the rest of us three were still on guard. Harry ripped a house elf from the wall and brought him into the middle of the kitchen. It was just kreacher, the blacks seriously twisted house elf.

I rolled my eyes and took Hermiones arm as she helped me into the other room so we could tend to my leg. The healing potion had a small but not very impactful effect. Hermione and I were a little mystified.