ch; 3

jack woke up, his eyes blurry at first. as his vision refocused, he found himself curled up next to finn. he realized it was still pitch black outside, as he glanced at the clock he saw that he had only fallen asleep for a few hours. he sleepily crawled up next to finn, laying his head on the soft pillow and facing away from the lanky boy next to him. but as he was falling asleep, he felt an arm around him. it startled him at first, but he realized it was finn and a deep blush spread over his face. the thing was, finn was still sleeping. he tried to scramble out of finns grip, as he thought finn would think it was weird when he woke up, but he just pulled jack closer to him, and suddenly they were spooning.

     jacks heart was pounding, but he decided to just roll with it and go back to sleep.

     jack fell asleep, and had flashbacks. bad ones. it was a true nightmare. and it felt so real to him.

     finn woke up to soft whimpers beside him, it was jack. he was squirming around, the whimpers getting louder, eventually turning to grunts.

     "jack!" finn screeched, the small boy jolted up, sobbing uncontrollably. he could see the sparkles in the tears rolling down jacks face, finn didn't know what to do. he just embraced jack in his arms.

     "stop it! don't.." jack cut himself off with a sob, he struggled to get out of finns grip, punching against his chest.

     "jack..it's me..finn..it's just me"

     jack calmed down at his words, laying his head in finns lap as he sobbed, wetting a spot of the blanket with his tears. finn pulled jack up, laying the boy on top of him. jack wrapped his arms around him,

     "please never leave me." he begged, his voice croaky.

     "i promise i won't leave you." finn whispered, playing with jacks hair. he felt jack relax, falling asleep on top of finn. finn fell asleep right after him, both of them sleeping peacefully.

     as finn woke up, he felt a weight on top of him. all he saw was roughened up, curly brown hair.

     jack he thought. he would've expected him to roll off by now, but he was still tangled up with finn. he slowly pushed jack beside him, standing up slowly. he decided to stay home today, as he's had near perfect attendance throughout the year. his dad wouldn't mind.

     he picked out an outfit, a black and white striped tee with a pair of black skinny jeans. some people would mistake his style for emo or goth because he was so pale and emotionless.

     jack shifts in his spot, he was already awake while finn pushed him off. he just lied there, staring at finn as he got ready. he felt like he was being creepy, but oh well. he had nothing else to do. finn finally noticed jack was awake, and smiled

     "hey. wanna shower?" finn asked

     jack nodded, more than ready to scrub all the dirt and grime off of him.

     finn left jack in the bathroom with a towel and a change of clothes. jack stripped his raggedy clothes off, and got under the warm running water. he looked at the bruises and cuts all over his body, none of them hurt, or were infected. some were fresh, still bleeding a little. he watched as some blood ran down his body, into the drain. he lathered soap onto his bare body, watching all the dirt wash off. his hair felt weirdly soft, even if he wasn't very hygienic during his time in the forest.

     finn watched as jack stepped out of the bathroom, his heart fluttered at the sight of him. he was pretty. a pretty boy. finns eyes slowly scanned jack, every inch of him. yeah he just took a shower, but he looks so good when there's not dirt smeared all over his face and arms, and his hair isn't dirty or greasy. you could see his freckles more clearly.

     "is there something wrong?" jack asked, noticing finn was staring oddly at him.

     "what? no! you look..pretty." jacks stomach erupted with butterflies hearing the compliment.

     "thanks." he said awkwardly.

     "can you tell me..why you were staying in the forest?"

     jack thought for a moment, should he really open up to this boy he just met? he's done a lot for him without an explanation, and he appreciated everything. he does owe him an explanation after everything.

     tw: mentions of abuse, alcohol, drugs, suicide.

     "well..my parents. they were both drug addicts and alcoholics. i mean i spent a lot of time away from them, with my friends. but one day, the one day i couldn't get out, it was terrifying. i woke up with this excruciating headache, and i went downstairs. it was just my dad, he was pissed. i don't know about what. but i remember seeing him pounce at me, like a jaguar with its prey. he beat me. beat me until i bled. he kept cursing at me, how i was a boring loser, a worthless mutt. he told me i'd be better off just dead. imagine your own parent telling you that. my heart hurt more than my injuries, i'll admit. so i went to the bathroom with a belt. i tried to hang myself with it. as i saw light..light to the other side, the shower pole broke. i'm so glad it did. so that night, i decided enough was enough, packed a few things and set out. set out far far away from wherever that little house was. probably all the way across town, and i settled in that forest where i knew no one would find me."

     jack saw a look of sympathy and shock on finns face, which ached his heart.

     "you're safe with me. i'll protect you for as long as you need me to." finn embraced jack, rubbing his back and kissing his forehead. it tore finn apart, feeling jacks tears soak his shirt. he clung onto jack as if they were both falling into an abyss of nothingness.

     and in that moment, jack felt loved.

let me know if there's any grammar or spelling mistakes, too lazy to reread.