ch; 4

one month.

     that's how long it's been since jack met finn and practically moved in with him. finns dad hasn't found out yet, as finn only allows jack to go outside his room when his dads sleeping or away. the two of them were inseparable, and depended on eachother for everything. the bestest of friends you could say.

     that is, until jack started school with finn.

     jacks first day went better than he thought, he made a new friend. jaeden. jaeden was an open gay boy, he hit on practically every guy in the school. of course jack didn't know that, so he thought he was special. one day, jaeden asked jack in front of the whole class to be his boyfriend. in front of finn. everyone applauded, except for finn. jack completely shut finn out since he met jaeden. his new boyfriend. finn felt his heart shatter everytime he saw the two, knowing jaeden would just break jacks precious heart.

     and so finn also made a new friend, two actually. both girls. but they distracted him from jack and jaeden so that's all that matters. sophia and millie, millie was dating noah schnapp, sophia was single. wasn't open to the dating life.

     jack also stayed with jaeden more than finn, and when he was with finn he didn't sleep in the same bed as him. he barely talked to him, or even looked at him. he slept in finns closet.

     one day finn snapped.

"you're always spending more time with jaeden! you never even talk to me." finn yelled.

     jack had nothing to say. he knew finn was right.

"nothing? nothing at all? i shouldn't even be surprised."

     finn was filled with rage and jealousy. he wished jack never met jaeden.

"get out." finn spat.

     jack obeyed and escaped through the window, running to jaedens house. he knew he wasn't allowed over today, but there was no where he could go.

"jae.." jack whispered into the darkness of his room.

"jack? what are you doing here?" jaeden said in a tired voice.

"finn kicked me out..i..had no where else to go." his heart shattered, he missed finn so much. he missed the way they used to be. but it's his fault. all his fault they were like this now.

"come here babe. everything will be okay."

     jaeden held jack in his arms, rubbing his back and giving him kisses on the top of his head. usually jack would like this, but it didn't feel right. it didn't feel right until he imagined him in finns arms, finns lips kissing his head. that was the only way he fell asleep. imagining finn.

     finn couldn't sleep at all. he sobbed his heart out all night, jack was all he thought about and it ached to think about him and jaeden.

   "finn?" his dad peeked into his room, and the expression of sympathy fell onto his face when he saw his own sons tears.

"buddy..what's wrong?" finn just shook his head violently, curling up to his dad. his dad rubbed his back, deciding its best to ask tomorrow.

     finn finally fell asleep, his dad got up, pulled the blanket over him and switched his light off, taking one last glance at him before trudging back to his room.

———— ————

finn walked into school, he was excited to see his friends, jack and his boyfriend were completely pushed out of his mind. that is until, both of them walked into school, hand in hand with jack leaning into jaeden. finn was sickened at the sight,

     "hey finn, lets go to the gym with our free hours yeah?" millie said, knowing what was up with finn and jack. finn nodded, and millie tugged him along to the gym.

     today was incentive day. so they had a few hours to do whatever they pleased. there was a dance in the gym, so they just went in there. but surprise, jack and his boyfriend followed them. millie was dancing with noah, all finn could do was stare at jack and jaeden, they were having a mighty time. he wanted to throw up at the sight of them, that was supposed to be him with jack. he was excited for this day because of jack, he thought it'd just be the two of them together.

     jaeden stared at finn, he knew he was making him jealous. he wanted to beat jaedens stupid smug face in. he glared at jaeden, rage bubbling up inside of him. why was he so jealous? why did he always imagine himself as jaeden?

     no way he could like jack grazer.