seven

The man and the little girl went inside the elevator and pressed the button going down the groundfloor. The little girl excitedly jumped while holding her father's hand. The man smiled brightly at his daughter.

"You really like ice cream don't you?" She nodded and pulled her father out of the elevator after it opened its steel doors.

They greeted the staff of the exclusive condominium they stayed at. The little girl bowed to every staff while her father smiled, waiting for her to finish. Once she did, she grasped her father's hand and walked out of the building. The convenience store was near the building so they didn't need to walk that much. They arrived at the store and she picked her favorite mixed choco-vanilla ice cream. They paid for the dessert and went out of the store. They were only steps away from the building when someone called out her father's name.

"Mr. Yoo? Yoo Yeon Seok?" The unknown man asked. Her father hid her behind him and observed the man.

"Yes? Who is asking?"

"Your services are no longer required." The loud gunshot resonated and called the attention of the building's staff. They ran out just in time of her father's limp body falling to the ground.

Seola jolted, waking herself up in the process. She gasped for air and scratched her throat, tears falling out from her eyes. She mustered up all of her remaining strength and walked out of the room to drink some water. After drinking, she laid down on the sofa and stared at the darkness.

"...I'm sorry." She mumbled as sleep starts to hit her again.

Seola stretched her arms and yawned. She groaned when she stretched her back, her figure didn't match the size of the sofa and she even slept there. She scowled and decided to get ready for work. Johnny texted her last night where his new office would be, telling her it was bigger than the last one. Just before she can exit her apartment, her phone buzzed inside the bag. She fished out her phone and looked at the new message. It was just Seonho who sent a video of himself and his friends attending the first class for today. She smiled and replied a laughing emoji to her brother.

Seola walked to the main road and waited for a taxi. She waited for the fifth taxi before finally getting in and directing the driver to her destination. Johnny is a man with wide connections, after all, his father is one of the most feared and powerful businessmen in the country. Despite his father's cold personality, Johnny inherited his mother's playful nature. Johnny and Seola would prank other kids their age when they got the chance to. Even if the 'business' Johnny and Taeyong started was illegal, she couldn't help but want to be a part of it when Johnny's family helped her and Seonho live. Although that's not exactly the only reason she wanted to help.

Johnny opposed to her idea but he knew no one can do the books better than her since she was and will always be better than him with those things. Once she graduated and got her degree, Johnny immediately bought a secured place for her and made her brother stay inside the campus dormitory.

Seola paid the driver and got out of the car. She walked towards the tall building and greeted the woman who was controlling the electronic gate. Seola waited for a woman guard to search her bag and her body. After checking her, the woman opened the gate for her. She walked towards the elevator and pressed the 5th floor.

Once the elevator bell rang, its doors opened and she stepped out the elevator then walked towards Johnny's new office. She confidently pushed the glass doors to annoy Johnny only to make her the one experience annoyance.

There stood Yuta, looking all fine with a smug look, beside Johnny. Johnny noticed her arrival and put down his iced coffee on his table.

"You're here, great timing."

Seola pointed at Yuta, "What is he doing here?"

Johnny pointed at Yuta, "This man right here might just know how to help you and your brother."

I snorted, "What do you mean 'help'?"

Johnny nudged Yuta, we both stared at each other then he spoke.

"He means I am your only hope in catching or whatever you want to do with your father's hitman."

i'm sorry it took soo long.... when i reviewed this chapter to be published just shortly after the last one, i felt unsatisfied when i read it

that's why i started from scratch again because of too many spoilers in the previously made chapter seven that i wrote and the flashback was a bit confusing so i just shortened it BUT REMEMBER SOMETHING IN THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE-