chapter 12

Y/n Pov:

I rode through the field Sam on my left and Colby on the other side of him. Colby kept pulling out his phone to text so eventually he fell behind me and as did Sam. I reached forward patting Misters neck "Almost there boy just over this small hill" I turned to see how far back Sam and Colby were and I seen them arguing a ways back. I turned mister and kicked him to gallop, "what's going on?" I stopped infront of the two and looked at them quizzically.

Sam sighed and shook his head and grabbed the reins, I looked to colby and he smiled at me. "Sam was just expressing that I shouldn't be on my phone" he grabbed the reins and we continued on our way.

"So over this hill is the swimming spot it's beautiful. Crystal clear water a rock you can jump off of and it's super secluded." I started to describe the view but frowned when I seen neither boys were listening. We reached the top of the hill sighed seeing the beautiful water glimmering in the sun. The boys followed me down the hill in silence.

I unwrapped the lead from the saddle and tying it around a limb before pulling off the saddle and saddle bags leaning it against the the tree. I did the same with the mares and turned to the boys. "Ready?" I smiled pulling my shirt over my head revealing my bathing suit. I kicked off the rest and walked to the rock. Cobly and Sam both stripped out of their clothes to their swim shorts and followed me to the rock.

I climbed up and jumped into the water Colby jumped as well and swam to me kissing me. I laughed and splashed him before swimming to the shore, I pushed the water from hair and sat in the shallow water raking my fingers through the coarse sand. I watched as Colby climbed up the rock "Do a flip!" Colby looked at me as I yelled at him and shook his head. He got a running start and front flipped into the water.

He came up and flipped his hair out of his face and I started clapping. He walked through the shallow part towards me and sat down. He leaned over straddling me pushing me back so the back of my head he was on the ground and the water was just below my ears. He kissed my neck and leaned closer to whispered to me, "let's go behind the tree line and test how secluded this area really is" he pulled back to look me in the eyes.

I pushed him off and laughed "Colby! Sam is here what if he comes looking for us?" He laughed too rolling back over and sitting next to me. I sat up and smiled at Colby, I've got to be the luckiest girl alive. Colby looked at me all weird "what? Something on my face?" He wipes his face and I shake my head. "No just thinking" I said pulling a handful of sand out of the water and dropping it back in. "Whatcha thinking about?" He leaned over kissing my cheek, "about how I'm the luckiest girl alive. " he looks at me all confused and I smile again. "I've got an amazing boyfriend who's caring and funny and a best friend who I trust with my life. It just makes me happy"

Colby got quite and looked down at the water, I looked up at the rock waving at Sam who was still sitting at the top enjoying the view. "I'm gonna go join Sam he seems upset" I stood up offering Colby my hand. He stood up and smiled "I'm going to go check my phone... ya know YouTube stuff haha but I'll be up there in a bit" I nodded and began to climb the rock.

I reached the top and sat next to Sam "everything alright?" I pulled my knees to my chest rocking to one side to nudge Sam. He looked at me with a sad expression "yeah" he forced an smile and nudged me back. I smiled and looked out at the water watching the fish swim around. I looked back at Colby was standing by the horses talking to someone on the phone and petting Gemini.

"Its a beautiful place Y/n" I looked back at Sam as he spoke and nodded. "Yeah it was my little slice of paradise growing up. I'd ride Gemini out here nearly every day and go swimming" I sighed resting my chin on my knees. I looked over at Sam to see him looking at me "What's up?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he shook his head then looked at Colby. I followed his gaze and sighed "he usually doesn't get called much about YouTube stuff when hes here" I sighed again but stopped short when I heard Sam scoff. "What was that for?" I turned around looking at Sam as he shakes his head. I snickered and looked out at the sun as it began to set behind the mountains in the distance.

"I think it's time to saddle up and head home grandma was putting a roast in when we left so dinner should be ready." Sam nodded and stood up. He reached out his hand and helps me up, he pulled hard causing me to fall into him. He smiled and held me steady so we didn't fall over the side of the rock into the water. "Sam you never got into the water huh" he shook his head an a devilish grin crept across my face. I grabbed his hand again and yanked him off of the rock with me.

We landed in the water with a big splash, when we resurfaced we both laughed. We made our way to the shallow waters and headed to the tree where Colbybamd the horses were. I took the horses to the water and let them drink before saddling them up.

We all got on our horse and began the ride home, Colby rode next to me the whole time back while Sam rode behind us.