Chapter 19

The week flew by but now it was time to head back to Texas to pack. We loaded our bags in the back of my car and check out of the hotel.We stopped by the house to get Sam and I had to pee so we decided to go inside. I wiped my hands on my pants and opened the bathroom door. I walked out not paying attention and bumping into someone. "Oh shoot I'm sor-" I stopped short when I looked up seeing colby.

"Hey" his voice was quiet and had an awkward tone to it I fake smiled and nodded. "Hi..." I felt a stab in my heart when he went to hug me and I flinched involuntarily. He sighed rubbing the back of his neck "I was wanting to talk to you.... do you have a minute" I nodded slowly leaning against the wall near the bathroom door. "About the other night.... I wanted to say I'm sorry." He spoke slowly as if testing the waters. "I never meant-" I stopped him shaking my head.

"Colby I trusted you. You knew... you knew what I had been through in my last relationship. You knew how big of a deal it was that I had trusted you. I loved you Colby.... and you made a fool of me" I could feel the tears threatening to fall but I turned away. Liz came down the stairs and cleared her throat, she seen my watery eyes and glared at Colby. Liz walked me back out to the car and opened the passenger door for me "what happened?" She wiped the tears away and hugged me.

"He was trying to apologize....  Liz... I still love him and it hurts" I pulled away from the hug and got into the car wiping the rest of the tears away. "I known you just need time. Now buckle up Sam's coming" I smiled at her and she popped the trunk for Sam to put his bag in. They both climbed in and we drove out of the gate, the first few hours of the drive were quiet. I decided to break the silence, "so Sam when do you guys move?" I turned in the front seat so I could look at him.

"Um... about a month" he said as he looked up from his phone. "You excited?" Liz asked turning down the radio. He shrugged "it's gonna be different... I'm going to miss the guys" he looked back down at his phone and the car when silentl again.

~~~~

I parked next to Liz's car and shut the car off, I got out and stretched. Liz and Sam both got out stretching as well. We had left LA Around 4pm and not it was 5am and the sun was starting to come up. I walked inside and started to make some coffee, I probably should get some sleeps but there was something I wanted to do one last time.

I poured my coffee and pulled the gray and blue coffee cup from the back of the cabinet. I poured some coffee in it only adding 2 scoops of sugar and walked back out to the front porch. I set the blue and gray cup on the rail next to me and leaned forward onto the rails watching the sunrise. Liz stood next to me with her own cup of coffee. "I remember sitting out here when we were in high school. You used that cup back then too. But you used to steal your moms baileys to put in your coffee." Liz took a sip of her coffee smiling at me. I sighed laughing a little "yeah fun times..... we used to talk about how excited we were to graduate highschool and how we wanted to get out of this town."

She smiled and looked at the extra mug next to me "Zach would be proud of you for finally graduating and letting go of this old house." I looked at the cup and a few tears fell from my eyes, "yeah just a lot of memories with all of us here makes it hard to sell the place." I took another drink of my coffee and looked up at the sky. The dim yellow of the sun peaking over the horizon slowly began to wash over us as we stood there. I was n.vpoured the extra cup of coffee out in front of the porch and walked inside to call the movers.

Sam was carrying boxes down the stairs when we walked in, "Oh Sam... you didn't need to do that yet" he sets the box with the other ones he had brought down. "Its fine I thought I'd let you guys have your moment." He smiled at me and a warm feeling crept through my body. I walked up to him and hugged him "thank you for coming" he chuckled and rustled my hair before heading back upstairs.

I called the movers and began packing my kitchen, I was putting the dishes in boxes when I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and seen the movers "Hi come on in. Um.... everything is going you cant start with the living room if you'd like" I lead them to the living room and they began moving the couch. "GIIIIRRLSSS!! I brought frappuccinos" I turned around to see Arlene Liz's mom with a drink carrier that had 4 huge frappuccinos.

I smiled grabbing one and taking a sip "Liz said you guys didnt sleep much so I thought you could use a little pick-me-up" she handed Liz onto of the cups and looked around. "Oh Sam is upstairs I'll take his to him." I grabbed the cup and jogged up the stage and to the back room. I walked through the doorway and seen Sam sitting on the far side of the bed with his back to me. When I got closer I seen he was looking through a stack of photos, "the night we all met." I said sitting next to him.

He turned and smiled "I haven't seen this picture since that day. I totally forgot we all took a selfie..... you printed the pictures from when we went swimming too." I looked at the photo of him and Colby sitting on the horses. Sam was smiling and Colby was laughing, "I print most of my pictures so I'll always have them." I handed him the frappuccino and smiled "Liz's mom brought coffee." I stood up and turned to the door to see the movers coming in.

I smiled at them as they began to wrap my dresser, Sam put the photos back in the shoe box on my nightstand and closed the lid. He stood up and walked over to me handing me the box before grabbing the last big box in my room and following the movers downstairs leaving me in a bare room with only a bed and 2 nightstands.

I opened the box and picked up a photo that Copby had taken of us. We were laying in my bed, he had his tounge out and I was kissing his cheek. I set the photo on the bed and picked up another the photo made me laugh.

○○○○Flash back○○○

"Its ok I was a boy scout" Colby says as we try to set the tent up in my back yard. It took us about 20 minutes to set it up and the whole time Colby bragged about being a boy scout. I pulled the metal fire pit to the tent and set up the projector by the tent. Colbys job was to collect every pillow and blanket in the house and making a super comfortable bed in the tent.

I connected my laptop to the projector and turned it on, the homescreen of my laptop appeared on the white sheet hanging on the side of my house. I put in Scott Pilgrim vs the World and pressed play. We watched the movie and roasted marshmallows, by the time the movie was over Colby and I were half asleep talking about our future. He said he couldn't wait for me to move to LA so we could spend more time together and we could make videos together.

I woke up the next morning to Colby starting the fire back up "cold?" I asked sitting next to him. He nodded and handed me a mug "hot cocoa" he smiled as I took a sip leaning my head on his shoulder. He pulled out my phone and took a selfie of us with bed head and you could see the bed we made in the tent in the background.

○○○○ End of Flashback ○○○○

I made a pile of photos on the bed all of them were of either me and Colby or just him. I put the photos in an envelope and put it back in the box. I hugged the box to my chest as I walked down the stairs looking at my empty house.