Chapter 24

3 Weeks Later

It was 7am and I was at work adjusting the strap on my tank. Today we were diving to go analyze Nurse sharks, but I was starting to feel sick. "/Y/l/n you ok? You look pale." I nodded and grabbed my bag pulling out some saltines. "Yeah just queasy" I ate the crackers and put my mask on. We made out way down to the sea floor there we seen several Nurse sharks lying in the sand. After a few minutes I swam back to the boat once I was pulled up I started puking in an empty bucket.

My boss started pulling my gear off of me "what happened?" I shrugged unzipping my wet suit "I dont know. Faulty gear?" He nodded and began checking my oxygen tank. He made me eat some jerky and an orange and called for the boat at the docks to come get me.

I climbed onto the emergency boat with my puke bucket. Once back at the dock I was told to go home and get some sleep. I decided to hit the drug store and get some pepto before I'll head home, there was an elderly woman working the register "oh honey you look just awful" I looked up at her from the counter and sighed. "Oh thanks that's exactly what I wanted to hear...." I paid for the pepto and walked out grumbling.

I drove home and flipped onto my bed. My phone started buzzing and I picked it up seeing my boss's name on the screen. "Hey what's up?" I said answering the phone. "Hey how you feeling?" He seemed worried when I left so I expected a call eventually. "Ahhh like shit I just got home." He hummed "well give me a call tomorrow if you're still feeling sick." I sighed rolling onto my back "yeah I'm going to go to the dr if I'm still feeling sick" we talked about work for a few moments before we said goodbye and hung up the phone.

"Hey Katie said that you left the dive early. You alright?" Liz poked her head in waking me up from my nap. "Huh?... oh I'm feeling a little bit better but I was throwing up a lot this morning" she came into my room laying next to me in bed. "Yeah you probably don't want to go out to dinner with Katie and I then?" I shook my head "not necessarily I'm craving wings though can you bring some back for me. Pleeeeeease" she nodded and stood up.

"You and Katie are getting really close" she stopped walking and turned around "yeah? You jealous?" She asked laughing. "Oh totally haha" she shook her head and laughed "go back to bed weirdo" she shut my door behind her and I fell back asleep.

"WAKE UP LOSER I BROUGHT WINGS" my door wa as kicked open and I nearly fell out of bed. I looked up seeing Liz bent over laughing holding a buffalo wild wings to-go box. "Did I scare ya?" I stood up taking the box and pushing Liz "asshole" I looked at the time and sighed 9:30pm. I told Sam I'd come over at 10 so I decided to jump in the shower. I ate my wings and took a shower putting on a pair of leggings and my XPLR hoodie heading to Sam's.

He took a little while to open the door, but when he did his hair was wet and his shirt was on backwards. "Just get out of the shower?" I asked walking through the door. "Yeah what gave it away?" He closed the door following me to the couch. "I don't know... maybe the wet hair or the backwards shirt." He looked down saying shit making me laugh a little. "How was work?" He sat down next to me after fixing his shirt and I shrugged. "I had to leave early because I got sick." He looked at me worried but I put my hand on his "I'm fine now I think it was just faulty gear" he nodded and pulled me to him hugging me.

We cuddled on the couch watching the new It movie. He sighed and I looked up at him "what?" He shook his head and kissed my forehead. "Nothing. I'm just really happy.... I never thought I would be able to have this" I looked at him confused. "What? A girlfriend?" He laughed shaking his head. "No you I always thought you'd be with Colby and having you here with me in my arms is incredible. It feels unreal like I'm gonna wake up and it's all gonna be a dream." I smiled and kissed him.

"I love you weirdo" I said nuzzling back into his chest. He kissed my head "I love you too".

I woke up still laying with Sam on his couch, suddenly I had a strong urge to vomit so I ran for the bathroom. I must've woke Sam up because within a few seconds he was holding my hair and rubbing my back. Sat back leaning against the wall "can you bring me my phone please" he nodded and walked out. Ugh I gotta call my boss and my dr...... I pushed the heels of my palms into my eyes sighing. "Here" Sam handed me my phone and I called my boss.

"Hey Mr. Tarren its Y/f/n Y/l/n I'm throwing up again. I'm not gonna make it in today I'll be going to the dr." I explained to him what was going on then called the dr office. "Hi, yes, can you guys do a walk in today?" I leaned my head back looking at the ceiling. "At 10am? Yeah that works thank you...." I hung up and checked the time 9am. "I gotta go to the dr now.... yay" I looked at Sam and frowned. "Want me to go with you?" He asked helping me to my feet. "Yes please" he nodded and went to go get dressed.

45 minutes later we were sitting in the waiting room "Miss Y/l/n." I stood up and walked towards the nurse that had called my name with Sam holding my hand. "Hi" I said nervously as I followed the nurse to the room "have a seat and the dr will come in shortly."
I nodded and sat on the exam table looking at Sam as he sat in the extra chair by the window. "Relax." He said smiling at me, I nodded and took a deep breath.

The doctor knocked twice then came in "hi Miss Y/l/n?" I nodded and he smiled at me. "I'm Dr. Carson what seems to be the issue?" I sighed and looked at Sam then back it the dr. "Well yesterday I started throwing up and it happened again this morning I just wanna make sure I'm not getting sick." He nodded and began to check my vitals. "So I know this is an awkward question but are you sexually active?" I nodded "ok when was your last menstrual cycle?" I looked at the calendar behind the doctor and sighed. "6 weeks ago" he nodded "well is there any chance you could be pregnant?" I shook my head then shrugged remembering when Colby and I hooked up at the party. "I uh.... I dont know..." he said ok and walked over to the counter writing something down.

"Well I'm gonna have you go ahead and head down the hall to labs to get some blood work done ok?" I nodded and got down off the table and looked over at Sam. "I'll wait in the waiting room ok?" I said ok and walked to the room that said labs above the door.

It took about 10 minutes for them to finally call my name to draw my blood. I sat in the chair and started to hyperventilate "hey you're alright.. take a deep breath and it'll be over before you know it" the phlebotomist said smiling at me. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, I cringed when I felt the needle go in. "Breath" she said calmly, I hadn't realized I had held my breath. I exhaled and opened my eyes as she put a piece gause on my arm and wrapped it. "All done. So the results will take 4 to 6 hours and one of our nurses will call you with the results" she smiled and moved the arm rest allowing me to get up.

I walked out to the lobby and smiled at Sam "hey how'd it go?" I shrugged "not as bad she worked really fast" he smiled at me and we headed home to wat for the results.

It had been 5 hours since we left the doctors and I was sick to my stomach with ho nervous I was. What if I was pregnant? What would Colby say? Fuck! What would Sam say? Sam and I were sitting on his bed practically staring at my phone waiting for it to ring.

My phone screen lit up as it started to ring. I grabbed it answering it and putting it on speakerphone. "Hello can I speak with Miss Y/l/n?" I took a deep breath. "This is her" "Alright his this is nurse Alma I'm calling in regards of your blood pregnancy test." I felt nauseous again "yeah what was the result?"

The nurse went quiet for a moment "ok looking at the charts it look like you're results came back-"