Prologue

Hey guys. Sorry for not uploading this sooner. This should've gone up yesterday but something came up IRL and it had to wait. Hope this makes up for it.

3rd person POV

The white lady and pale king are strolling through the city of tears back to their white palace to get ready to attend a peace meeting with the humans. All of a sudden they hear loud wailing, like a baby crying. The two monarchs quickly follow the sound to a hidden alleyway and find a box. They approach it and find a newborn human baby with nothing but a blanket to cover it from the on-pouring rain.

"Oh dear, a human child simply abandoned here. Who could do such a thing", The white lady exclaims. "I don't know, but we should get him to the palace immediately", the pale king responds. Suddenly the white lady gets an idea. 

"My wyrm, maybe we could take him in as one of ours. Hollow always wanted a little brother". The pale king takes a moment to think. "That's not a bad idea, my root. Very well. Hollow will be very happy with this. But what should we name him?" It's then that they notice a wristband on the baby that says (Y/n). "(Y/n)...that's a nice name. Let's keep that name and get  him home", the white lady says. She then takes the human child in her arms and the three continue towards the white palace. 

*21 year time skip brought to you by the white lady nuzzling (Y/n) and the pale king teaching him how to use magic*

(Y/n) POV

I was exploring Hallownest with my half-sister Hornet. She was a gift to Herrah the beast from dad to get her help to contain the infection. Despite how awful it was that dad technically cheated on mom with Herrah and Hornet was the result, she was the only family I had left. Dad died a while ago, Hollow was sacrificed by him to help contain the infection, my little brother Ghost travelled outside the kingdom to who knows where, and mom straight up went missing one day with one of the 5 great knights Dryya. Those 2 were always pretty close. I can only hope they're ok and that Dryya can take care of mom. 

We went back up to dirtmouth to rest for a while and saw Elderbug. I liked him, he was nice. 

We then noticed a red, devilish looking tent that he was looking at

"Elderbug, what's wrong? What's going on", Hornet asked. "That's the thing. I don't know", he reponded. I was just taking a nap and next thing I know, this frightening looking tent shows up out of nowhere! Can you go investigate and see what you can do about it? Maybe get them to leave?" 

"Ok, I'll go investigate and see what's up", I responded. "You coming, Hornet?" She stays silent. "Uh... Hornet? You there?" She snaps out of whatever trance she was in. "Sorry about that, brother. I sense someone is near the wyrm's corpse. I must go immediately. Stay safe." "You too, sis. See ya later." Hornet goes off into the well towards kingdom's edge and I go into the tent to see what the deal is.

I go in and see a strange bug playing an accordion. Medium height with a red, fluffy scarf on the sides of his neck. He speaks to me. "A newcomer, hrmm? And who might you be?" "I'm (Y/n). I came to see what's up with this tent that came out of nowhere." "I see. Speak to master. He'll tell you everything." I go deeper into the tent until I enter a large, empty chamber when a bug suddenly teleports right in front of me. He has a grey cloak covering his body and large, scarlet eyes. (I'll be making up my own dialogue for Grimm)

"A newcomer enters my troupe tent. Who might you be", he asks. "I'm (Y/n). I came to see what was going on here." The mysterious bug looked rather surprised. "So... You didn't summon us? You didn't light the nightmare lantern?" "No I don't remember lighting any kind of lantern." He seems to have conflicting emotions on his face. "I see. Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Grimm, and I'm the leader of the grimm troupe." He holds out a hand to me, which I shake. "You may not have been the one who summoned us, but I'm sure you can still help us with our ritual." I'm rather confused. "Ritual? What kind of ritual?" He chuckles a bit. "Oh it's a rather simple one really. I just need you to take my child around the kingdom, and collect flames from my kin. These flames will restore the nightmare heart, and ensure the survival of my troupe. Are you up to the task?"

I think that this is not too much of a problem. It seems simple enough, so I accept his offer, hoping after this is said and done, he'll hopefully leave with his troupe and everything will return to normal. "Excellent. Here's my child. make sure no harm comes to him, please." He snaps his fingers, and a creature that looks like Grimm appears next to me, but with wings. "Now you best be on your way. I'm counting on you (Y/n)." With that, he teleports away. I then leave to go do the ritual and collect flames for Grimm's son.

*Timeskip to Nightmare King Grimm fight*

I'm in the dream realm fighting Grimm for a second time or dancing as he refers to it. I gotta say, he's definitely tough, much tougher than in the real world. I guess that's to be expected of the nightmare king though. We're both tired out and it's down to the wire. He's confident he's going to win, but I got one last trick up my sleeve. Grimm charges me with his cloak shapened like a drill. I focus as much as I can and a large bubble of soul surrounds my body. Grimm is caught right in the middle of the explosion and before he can teleport away, I charge him and deliver a few good slashes to his head and he starts emanating red energy before he explodes. I assume he's going to be ok since that's what he did in the last fight and he was just fine. Surely enough, he appears in the nightmare heart again as a dark red sihlouette and I go up to it and Grimm's son goes into it to absorb the flames. 

Grimm's POV

Oh no. The nightmare heart is acting up. If (Y/n) gets too close, who knows what will happen. I have to warn him right away. 

(Y/n) POV

I look at the nightmare heart while waiting for Grimm's son to come out. Suddenly I hear Grimm behind me yelling at me to get away from it immediatley and I back away. However it's already too late as it starts to leak scarlet light and I'm sucked into the nightmare heart itself. I see Grimm's son enveloped in a scarlet energy and he seems to be in great pain. I go to help him but when I touch him, he seems to go inside of me. I feel a sudden surge of power, one I've never felt before and I black out from the power being too much for my body to handle.

To be continued...