Enter the Grimm Troupe

3rd Pov

Y/n was hanging out in his room after meeting his new housemates. They were quite... interesting, he had to admit. He didn't know what  to make of the other's reactions to him, but things were about to be more lively, that was for sure. You had your earbuds in, listening to (F/s) when you suddenly remembered that you were now the master of the Grimm Troupe, they were your responsibility now, considering the Grimmchild was supposed to be the new master and you were pretty much him now, except not really. Regardless, you had to find a way to summon them here. You were trying to think of ways to do so, but then you remembered the lantern Grimm mentioned when you two first met. After you came back with the child, before your first "dance" with him, he talked about the lantern's call, and he goes wherever they call, no matter what world said lantern could be in. You decided to ask Slenda if there were any spooky looking lanterns nearby that she knew of and you went downstairs.

You found her downstairs, chilling on the couch by herself with  cup of tea and you approached her.

"Ah, (Y/n), what can I do for you", she asked. "Hey, you don't know happen to know where any weird looking lantern's are, do you?" She seemed to be surprised at this question. "Yes, as a matter of fact, we have a strange looking one in the basement. How did you know about that?" You proceeded to tell her about the lantern and how you needed to use it to summon the troupe since technically, you were their master now. She took it all in and processed everything you said for a few seconds.

"I see. well I can take you there and see if you can get it to work. It's been down there ever since we moved into the mansion and we still haven't been able to figure out how to light it or what it does. Hopefully you can figure it out." Without another word, she took you down to the basement, which seemed more like a torture chamber, with several strange looking tools lining the wall to your left. Slenda led you into another room in the basement off to the right and cleared out some boxes to show you a tall structure, the ceiling bein barely high enough for it. This was definitely the lantern you were looking for.

 This was definitely the lantern you were looking for

(Picture does not belong to me)

You looked at the lantern for a while, looking for some kind of button or something for a solid minute, with a few of the others having come down to see what you and Slenda were doing here. Eventually you had enough and decided to kick the bottom of the lantern out of frustration, an then you heard a weird noise coming from it, like the sound of metallic pieces jingling inside of it. Bingo. You started hitting the lantern at it's base over and over until suddenly the top of it lights up, a bright scarlet light making it's appearance, emanating a warm, sudden breeze of air throughout the basement and an accordion tune starts playing. The others are confused by it, but it's a tune all too familiar to you.

Evveryone stared at you in astonishment and asked how you got it to work. "Well I just started hitting it and hoped for the best." "That's what I wanted to do", Jess shouted. "I said hitting it would work but Slenda stopped me because she thought it would damage it, but that's how you get  it to work. Hah! Joke's on you this time", she said glaring at Slenda. She just ignored her cries of victory and started following you outside, followed by everyone else. You exited the mansion and looked around for the tent that you knew so well, and found it on the side of the giant building. You were about to head in and Brumm suddenly exited the tent and saw you, acknowledging you in a monotone yet relieved voice.

 You were about to head in and Brumm suddenly exited the tent and saw you, acknowledging you in a monotone yet relieved voice

"Ah, there you are master. We were afraid you had gone missing after the incident and expected to find someone else when we heard the calling of the lantern here. What a pleasant surprise to see it was you calling us." You were in your human form so how Brumm realized you were the new master was a surprise. "Wait, how do you know I'm the new master. I don't look like Grimm right now." The bug only chuckled. "We share a telepathic link with one another now that you have the scarlet essence inside of you. You could've just called us that way instead of going through the trouble of using the lantern." To say you felt stupid right now was an understatement.

"Anyway, who are those people behind you", Brumm asked looking at the girls. "Oh right. Brumm, these are the people that took me in after I found myself lost in the forest." The bug seemed to relax a little at realizing that they were not a threat and walked up to them. "Oh. Well in that case, I must thank you for caring for our master in our absence. My name is Brumm, personal assistant to the troupe master and the troupe musician. Pleasure to meet you." Slenda stepped forward to meet the bug who she easily towered over by at least 3 or so feet.

"A pleasure to meet you, Brumm. I'm Slenda, the owner of the mansion that the lantern is located in. These are some of my proxies. Jess, Benny, Ann, Tami, and Jane. You can meet the rest later", she said pointing to each of the other's respectively before reaching her hand out to Brumm, which he accepted in a handshake. He turned back to you.

"Well master, I believe it's time you get acquainted with the rest of the troupe. If you'll just follow me, we can get the introductions over with. They've been waiting to meet their new leader." You followed him inside of the scarlet tent to meet the troupe who you would now be leading. You went further inside the tent, realizing there was quite a bit you didn't see before until you entered a room with a bed, a desk, a wardrobe, and a bathroom. "This is your new quarters. Completely off limits for the rest of the troupe except for me and those you invite in", Brumm explained to you. You made a mental note of the location of the room and continued the tour. Brumm showed you the kitchen, the show stage, even though you already knew where it was as that's where you met the previous Grimm, the dining room, the area where everyone else's quarters were, the gym, and much more. You went back to the stage where the Grimm in were and they all flew to meet you, eager to see who their new master was. You got familiar with the novices, who you could tell from a glance would be trouble, the masters, who you hoped would help you keep the novices in check, and the nightmares, the ones you knew you could actually count on to get things done.

With the help of Slenda, you created a pathway between the mansion and the tent so anyone could go between both structures without a problem using your combined magic, and moved some of your stuff to your quarters in the tent, enough to make it roomy, but not all of it so you could choose to sleep in your room in the mansion and your quarters in the tent as you wished. When all was said and done, you got some much needed rest in your quarters, eager to start troupe duties the next day.