SCP needs your help

This isn't a chapter but please read this if you are a fan of the SCP foundation or my stories. No TL;DR at the bottom because this is important.

So basically not too long ago a man known as Andrey Duksin has filed a trademark with the Eurasian Customs Union (ECU), which has been approved for the Russian branch of the SCP wiki and is attempting to gain ownership of all the stories there. If he gets it, then he'll delete all of the stories there and the merch and use it to promote his own merch that as far as I know has nothing to do with the SCP foundation at all. That may not seem like a big deal to anyone outside of Russia, but this goes so much deeper than that.

If he owns the Russian branch of the Wiki, then theoretically, he could use that power he has to attempt to claim every single SCP story across the entire world and do whatever the hell he wants with them. For those of you who don't know, anyone can do whatever they want with the SCP foundation because it falls under Creative Commons, which allows us to tag anything like games or stories under Creative Commons without getting copyrighted. If Duksin is able to claim everything under the SCP Foundation like he intends to, then we are in big trouble.

The SCP Foundation would most likely be no longer listed under Creative Commons and every fan game or story would be copyrighted and we would no longer be able to write about an internet phenomenon we all know and love, and we all know that people on this site in particular would NOT like that at all. The SCP Wiki staff have started a Fundraiser for a lawsuit against Andrey Duksin and the ECU to annul the false trademark, prevent copyright infringement, and help defend the thousands of stories on the SCP Foundation. There have been many generous donations over the past couple months. In fact I'm going to make a donation myself later today and Markiplier was kind enough to donate a whopping $5,000 to the cause.

If the scenario I'm describing were to come true, this would be very unfortunate for everyone here because I'm planning to start an SCP story sometime after I'm done with this one, hence why this is important if you're a fan of my work.

So am I telling you to donate several thousands/hundreds of dollars? No of course not, we're not all successful youtubers with millions of subscribers, but if you are donating that anywhere close to that amount, more power to you. I'm just asking you to donate as much money as you can. Even the smallest of donations help to fight against this injustice. Even if you can't donate, share this on all social media wherever you can using the tag #standwithscpru. You can read about this situation in more detail as well as make a donation yourself with this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scp-legal-funds

Let's show Andrey Duksin exactly what he's messing with. The SCP Wiki Staff have not and will not stand for this any longer, and as their loyal fans and writers, neither should we.

#standwithscpru