[ Tanjiro x Reader ]

Tanjiro x Cold-Hearted! Reader ^^ Requested by amamiharu <3

Reckless, emotionless, cold-blooded and cruel. Those were the names I get called every single day. But they were also true. I try to not get close to anyone. I don't want people to get attached to me, and I don't want to get attached to them. In case I die in a battle or something bad happens to the other person. Or maybe I just don't care. I only want a peaceful and quiet life. That's why I fight. To achieve that. And only that. I only fight for my own survival and no one else's. Other demon slayers fight for their families or piece. Whilst I am fighting for my own selfish reasons. Maybe that's why everyone keeps their distance from me. Everyone except for this one demon slayer...

Sometimes when I talk to him I can feel my body heat up and my face gets red. My heart starts to go faster. I also feel nervous and excited when I'm with him. And when I'm alone I think about him and sometimes I even have dreams about him. I know what's happening to me, but I can't accept it. We're already attached to one another. So before we can get any closer I need to say my goodbyes. I have to move on from him. He already has to take care of his sister, Nezuko. I'm just in his way and he's in mine. And that affects our results. So today, I'm saying goodbye.

"Tanjiro" I called out for him. He looked at me and smiled. His smile warmed my soul like it always does. But I can't get distracted. "What is it, (Y/N)? I just finished my training" He replied and wiped the sweat off his forehead with his shirt. "I-I.." I cursed my self for stuttering and cleared my throat. "(Y/N)? Are you okay? Are you sick? We should probably go inside it's pretty cold-" I cut him off saying "No." He seemed surprised and stepped closer to me. "Well talk to me then. It's okay." He gave me a sad smile and waited for me to speak up. After a few moments, I forced my mouth to speak "This Is goodbye, so...Don't go after me." With that, I turned around to leave but his hand stopped me from going anywhere. "No! Stop pushing people away from you!" His voice echoed through my eardrums loud and clear. "Don't order me around," I replied emotionlessly. I forced my hand out of his grip and sped walked away from him.

"But you don't want to do this." He continued. I just proceeded to walk trying not to listen to him. "(Y/N), It's time for you to open up to the people around you! Aren't demon slayers supposed to bring happiness and freedom to people? If so then stop acting like a monster!" I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes wide open. "Monster?" I murmured under my breath. "You've never cared for anyone else but yourself! Or at least you tried not to. But I know that you're not like that! You're not a monster and you're not cold-hearted. Simply trust me and let me help you." I furrowed my brows and looked at him. "You know nothing about me. I only fight for my own survival. I don't give a damn about others. And I don't consider you my friend." I calmly stated. "But you do want to save other people. I know you-" I cut him off once again. "Now why would I save garbage like them?". My words were low and insulting and his facial expression looked horrified. He has to understand that I actually mean it. I'm not just making this up. "You don't truly mean it..." He asked me with a nervous voice. I only looked him dead in the eye and smirked. My eyes not showing any life whatsoever. He broke our eye-contact and looked down clenching his fists together. "Then fight for me. And only me." He made a quick pause before continuing speaking "No...Not for me, but for us. For us both." I was taken aback by his words. Was he even paying attention to anything I was saying? "Or maybe you don't care about me as well?" His eyes showed pain and betrayal.

"Tanjiro. I do care about you." He widened his eyes and I did too. 'What the hell did I just say?!' I thought to myself. I quickly covered my mouth with my palms and looked away in humiliation. 'My damn tongue!' He advanced closer to me and removed my hands from my mouth. He beamed brightly with teary eyes. Before I could even muster another word he pressed his soft lips against mine. Putting his both hands over my cheeks and wiping away my wet tears with his thumbs from my face. Without even realizing It I kissed back deepening the already deep kiss. My hands moved on their own going around his neck. Our lips were moving in sync. But the need for oxygen tore us apart. "How...Bold of you." I said silently with a straight face. His adorable face flushed a very bright red and he looked away. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow!".

This was supposed to be a goodbye. Right...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tanjiro's a tiny bit OOC here but whoops ^^;

I hope you're happy with your request coming to life. The reader isn't exactly Cold-hearted but close enough- I hope. I'm new to writing so it'll take a wee bit of time before I can start writing different characters and personalities without fail <3

Bonus