[ Jealous - Tanjiro ]

💙

.
.

You and your best friend were walking to a ball held by your beloved Master.

He says the recent missions were such a success he just had to let us celebrate before going against the twelve upper moons.

You, of course, couldn't miss an opportunity to enjoy yourself after all the tiring days and nights of never-ending work.

And to your surprise, your best friend, Tanjiro, wanted to tag along instead of training for the final battle like he usually would.

He even helped you find a gown!

You found a stunning velvet dress with white ribbons attached. And he got a basic black tux, which surprisingly complimented his features perfectly.

"You think they'll have good food there?"
You asked randomly.

He chuckled and nodded with a smile, "I bet they will, it's a ball after all".

You smiled back at him and continued walking. "Although I was expecting a carriage to arrive. That'd be awesome!" You threw your hands in the air.

He snickered once again and nodded.

"That'd be pretty amazing".

Soon you two were standing in front of a fancy looking building. It was, of course, a mansion with great decor, music could be also heard.

You inhaled before stepping into the
the mansion along with Tanjiro.

You were looking around at the amazing decor and the nicely made food. A few pleasingly dressed people walked past you chatting and laughing, having a good time.

"Tanjiro, this place is amazing!"
He nodded, agreeing to your remark.

Then you felt a pair of hands cover your eyes. You tensed up waiting for the individual to say something.

"T-Tanjiro?" You stuttered quietly.

"Nope!"

"Uh...Giyu?"

"No!"

"Gah...I give up".

Your eyes met the light again and you turned around, to find Rengoku.

"What?! How did I not recognize your voice?" You pouted with your hands placed on your hips.

"Haha, I don't know. But it's good to see you look so joyous. This place is undoubtedly amazing." The flame pillar laughed.

"Yes, of course, let's go get some food. I'm starving". And with that, you and Rengoku left Tanjiro to stand there alone.

His cheeks had a pink hue plastered on them and his lips formed a pout.

He kept following your figure as well as every movement you made, with his
hope-bringing eyes.

You and Rengoku were laughing and discussing different topics he couldn't hear.

That made his blood boil with jealousy.

And he knew it.

Soon he got the courage to walk up to the both of you. You saw him approaching and smiled, "Hey, where have you been?"

Before he could answer, he grabbed your hand into his and walked you out of the ballroom. Leading you to the balcony.

When you reached the balcony he let go of your soft hand and sighed. Realizing what he's just done.

"Why did you bring me here?"

You asked, confused.

Tanjiro scratched the back of his neck. A pink hue covering his fair cheeks.

"Are you okay...?" You mumbled.

"Yes!" He yelled out, clearly embarrassed. "Then why did you bring me here?"

The demon slayer looked away from your gaze and gulped. "You were just..."

"I was just what?"

Tanjiro kept his gaze away from yours as he spoke, "you were having such a g-good time with Rengoku..."

You listened to his voice quietly.

Then the realization hit you.

"Tanjiro, you're not jealous, are you?" You asked, blinking in surprise.

He looked back at you quickly with a sheepish expression, "No, of course not!"

You start laughing, trying to form your sentence. "Tanjiro!"

He looked down, flustered.

"Haha, you're funny!" You continued giggling at the poor boy in front of you.

After a few moments, you stopped and placed a hand on his shoulder. His saddened expression met your eyes and you sighed.

"Nothing is going on between me and Rengoku. So don't worry."

He smiled, hugging you tightly. "Well, I'm glad," Tanjiro whispered.

You placed your arms around him, burying your face into the crook of his neck. Absorbing the warmth he was giving you.

"Yeah..."

.
.
.

I can't believe I wrote this In one sitting. But I hope you enjoyed. This was requested!