Beat of My Heart

Chapter Eight | Beat of My Heart

I'm up from my down.
I turn it around.
I'm making it back,
I'm not gonna drown.
I'm taking a stance.
I won't miss a chance.
I want you to see
I'm not scared to dance.

"Amelia, you need to take it easy." Michael said as I walked around my apartment.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Amelia, why didn't you tell me you had a heart condition?" Michael asked.

"I planned to never tell anyone that I have a heart condition." I answered.

"Amelia, you've been stressed. You could have said something." Michael said.

"Say what? Hey, you guys I'm stressed out, please don't ask me or pressure to speak about my personal life. I'm pretty I've been saying that." I said.

"Amelia, sit down." Michael said.

I took a seat on the couch as Michael places my feet on his lap.

"Do you still what to take a break from this relationship?" I asked.

"Amelia...I can't be away from you. So, no." Michael answered.

"Oh." I said.

"That's all you have to say?" He asked.

"I would like to take a nap since I have nothing to do as my schedule has been cut back." I answered.

"Amelia." Michael said as I turned over and closed my eyes.

"I'm taking a nap." I said.

-

Princess Amelia has recently reduced her time in public life due to her health issues as she reveals that she has a heart condition called Arrhythmias.

-

"Pa, what are you doing here?" Amelia asked as she let her father into her home.

"I was supposed to give you this on your birthday but it slipped my mind and after that health scare you had. I realized that I needed to give this to you." Charles answered as he entered the house.

"What is it?" Amelia asked.

"It's a letter from your mum." Charles answered as he handed the envelope to Amelia and his protection officer placed a chest on the coffee table. "Along with the letter, your mum wanted me to give this chest to you. It contains a few pieces of her favorite jewelry and a few other things that she wanted you to have." Charles replied.

Amelia walked over to her father and hugged him.

"Thank you, pa for everything." Amelia said.

"I know I wasn't always the best father, Amelia but I'm proud of you and everything you have become." Charles said as they pulled away from each other.