Engagement Day

Chapter Ten | Engagement Day

Princess Amelia and Mr. Michael Charles Davis are engaged to be married

Published 29 November 2019

A statement from The Prince of Wales.

Her Royal Highness Princess Amelia of Wales and Mr. Michael Charles Davis are engaged to be married.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Amelia to Mr. Michael Charles Davis.

The wedding will take place in Winter 2020. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Her Royal Highness and Mr. Davis became engaged in London earlier this month. Princess Amelia has informed Her Majesty The Queen and other close members of her family. Mr. Davis has also sought and received the blessing of The Prince of Wales.

The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.

Notes to editors

Three photographs of HRH Princess Amelia and Mr. Davis are available for use via the Press Association. Copyright for the photographs is vested in HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

-

Princess Amelia Is Engaged!

The royal is set to marry her boyfriend Michael Charles Davis next year.

There's another royal wedding on the horizon! Princess Amelia is engaged to her boyfriend Michael Charles Davis.

The royal family announced the news on Twitter this morning.

"We are excited for the future and our new journey as soon to be husband and wife. Thank you for all the support on our special announcement." said the happy couple in a statement today.

Per the Palace, Davis proposed to the princess in London earlier this month, and the couple will wed in 2020 with additional details to be announced "in due course."

Amelia is the only daughter of The Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and currently eighth in line to the British throne, meaning that she does not need to permission from the Queen to marry (but given that Buckingham Palace made the announcement today, we're willing to guess that the British monarch is thrilled for her granddaughter.)

Amelia and Michael have been dating for roughly ten years at this point, but they've known each other for much longer.

-