2. Drought

Lisa opens her eyes feeling heavy. She hated herself for giving in to the suns light that had creeped in through her blinds and attacked her eyes, causing her to finally open her eyes.

She didn't want to.

She wanted to give in to the dark abyss she felt herself falling into every time she fell asleep. She wondered what it would be like to just ... drop. Would the world stop? Would her brain stop whirring? Would she just stop... being?

She groans as she lifts her covers of herself. She walks over to her bathroom, her feet making contact with the stone cold floorboards, definitely waking her up. She stands in front of her sink as she splashes cold water over her face.

The thing about the depression she was going through was that it made her tired. Even if she slept a good 8 hours she would still wake up drained. Due to this lack of energy Lisa had gotten used to the idea of only showering when she started to smell which was usually around the third day. She knew it was wrong and quite frankly, gross but, she couldn't help it. Some days, she just couldn't bring herself to get undressed, run the shower, wash her hair, wash her self, dry herself, dry her hair - it all felt too much sometimes.

She then makes her way to her kitchen and pours herself a coffee before she sat in her lounge flicking through the TV.

This had become her new routine.

A striking difference to what her routine used to be like before.

Lisa hadn't realised just how much time had passed since she sat in the lounge till she heard her phone ring profusely, snapping her out of the trance she was accustomed to by now.

"Hey" She answers dryly.

"Hey Ma, have you had lunch yet?"

"Not yet. Why?"

"Okay good. I'll be at yours in 10 minutes. Open up then."

Exactly 10 minutes later, the blonde hears a couple of firm knocks on her door. She reluctantly gets up, not particularly wanting to do anything today and opens the door.

"Okay. I got a cheese sandwich, prawn mayo salad and tomato and cheese pasta. Take your pick" Lauren greets Lisa pushing past her softly and into the lounge.

Lisa doesn't respond and just shuts the door behind her with a sigh. She wasn't in the mood to eat. She never really was nowadays.

It was a feeling she became used to.

"Jesus Lisa" Lauren frowns at Lisa, almost looking at her with pity.

"What?" The blonde asks her.

"I know you're having a hard time right now but, if your landlord came in and saw the state of this place, he'd kick you out"

Lisa looks around to see the mess she had accumulated over the last few weeks. There were a few books laying around that she tried to get into in order to escape her own reality but, never really could do since she'd get a headache after reading a few pages. There were shoes laying around everywhere from when she'd thrown them around after getting really angry at herself one day.

Lauren was right. It really was a mess but honestly, Lisa could care less.

"Its fine. He wont be coming round" Lisa simply replies as she drops herself onto her couch once again.

"Thats not the point Lis" Lauren begins as she takes the food out of her bag. "I think we should have that conversation now"

Lisa raises her eyebrows at Lauren "what conversation?"