3. Chance

Lauren woke up to her phone buzzing copiously.

She turns, still half asleep, to grab her phone to switch it off as she was not quite done with her slumber just yet but, she notices one of the messages leading her to sit up straightaway.

Lisa amor☄️: I got the job

[9:38AM]

Lisa amor☄️: Help idk if i can do it

[9:39AM]

Lisa amor☄️: Its almost 1pm ur not still asleep are you??!!

[12:55pm]

Lisa amor☄️: lauren fuckin help me im loosing my mind here

[1:03PM]

Lisa amor☄️: I think im going to refuse the offer

[1:03PM]

Lauren wastes no time to reply to Lisa with one text before running to the bathroom and freshening herself up.

Lo: no the hell ur not. Hold on, I'm coming over. Put kettle on?

Lisa paces around in her apartment after having turned her kettle on waiting for Lauren to come over.

She looked at herself in the mirror, she looked so rough, her eyebags were so heavy, they practically took up more space on her face than her bangs did and that was saying a lot. Lisa looked at her hair that was overgrown and well overdue a trim.

She threw her hands in the air, she was not ready to step back into the working world. She returned to pacing around her apartment anxiously while biting her nails. It wasnt long till she hears a knock on the door.

Knowing its Lauren she runs over and opens the door.

"Lauren I can't do this" She says before Lauren can even step inside and utter a word in edges way.

"Babe" Lauren says placing her hands on Lisa's shoulders. "Lets talk it through okay?"

Lauren steps inside the apartment making her way through the lounge as Lisa trails behind her. "I can't I- I know I can't"

"You don't know that Lis" Lauren responds as she walks into the kitchen and heads towards the kettle to fix herself some coffee.

"Lauren you don't understand. I mean, look at me?! I look like a fucking mess" Lisa says throwing her hands in the air again after grabbing her hair and making a show of how much of a mess it was.

"We can fix that"

"I don't know what to say when I go in to meet my new bosses"

"We can fix that too"

"I don't think I even have anything nice to wear either. Fuck Lauren! What am I going to do?"

"And we can fix that too" Lauren replies while sipping her freshly made hot drink.

"Stop! How are you acting so chill? I'm freaking out Lo" Lisa asks as she continues to pace around the kitchen and bite her nails once again. She knew it was a horrible habit but, still, somehow it always made her feel just that little bit calmer when she was in a frenzy.