T is for Trauma

"Dean, why is there a Hellhound with Y/N?" Castiel gritted his teeth. Dean shifted his weight from foot to foot. "Ha, well, funny story-" Castiel's angry stare bored into Dean. "Dean...." Dean chuckled nervously. "Uhm, well, Sam had put her to sleep in my room....and..." "And?" Dean avoided his stare. "And we went to check on her.... but she wasn't there...." "You lost her!?" Dean flinched. "Well, she ran away....." He peeked up at Castiel, who was trying to contain his anger. "Dean, I-" Sam walked in. "Sam! How could you let her leave?" Sam lifted his hands. "Cas, it was an accident. Besides, she's okay-" "I don't care! You left her alone- now look! She has a Hellhound! I asked you to watch her-" Dean was surprised. He had never seen Castiel yell like this before. "Cas, I'm sorry, Crowley didn't hurt her-" Castiel almost screamed. "CROWLEY!? CROWLEY HAD HER?!" "Yes! Okay? She wandered into Hell and Crowley brought her back!" Dean started to shout. Sam glanced over to Y/N and saw her watching them yell. "Guys, why don't we calm down?" They didn't listen to him. They continued to yell at each other, and soon Sam started to yell. They all stopped when they heard a whimper.  "Pweese don' yell...."  They all turned to a teary-eyed, curled-up Y/N. Castiel rushed over, picked her up and hugged her. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. Your Uncles left you, and I just got mad." Y/N extended her wing and whacked him in the head with it. Castiel pulled back. "Ow!" "Me ran away! No yell!" Castiel pushed her wing back. "You ran away?" "Yea! No yell!" She hit him again. "Ow! Okay! I won't yell." Sam and Dean were a few feet away trying not to laugh. She retracted her wings. After the Winchester brothers got a hold of themselves, Dean asked, "How come we can see her wings?" Castiel set her down on the table. "All Angels can show their wings if they want. She just trusts you two I guess." Dean frowned. "You don't trust us enough?" Castiel smiled softly. " That is a conversation for another time. You ready to go?" He turned back to Y/N. "Bring puppy?" Castiel frowned. "I don't think that's a good idea, Y/N." Y/N's lip quivered. "Pweese?" Castiel hesitated. "Fine. But if Michael makes you get rid of it, there's nothing I can do." "Yay!" She slid off the table and hugged Sam and Dean. "Bye-bye Uncle Ammy and Uncle Bean!" Castiel shot a questioning look at Dean that said, 'Bean?'  Dean looked back with a, 'Don't ask.'  Castiel didn't ask. He took Y/N's hand, and with the puppy in her arms, they left.

                           Gabriel and Balthazar were waiting for them when they got back. When they laid their eyes on the dog, they were taken aback. "Is that a Hellhound, Gabriel?" Balthazar whispered to him. The puppy yapped in response. Y/N let go of Castiel's hand and sat down to play with the puppy but Gabriel lifted it up. "It's still a puppy? Where did you get this, Cas?" Castiel looked at the ground. "Crowley gave it to her." Gabriel's face turned red. "Those Winchesters-" Castiel looked up. "No, it was no-one's fault, it was an accident." Gabriel stayed quiet. Balthazar bent down to pouting Y/N. "Hey. I'm Balthazar." Y/N looked up out of the corner of her eye at him and whispered, "Balf?" Balthazar smiled. "That's good too." He ruffled her hair and stood. "Gabe, give the kid her dog. Look how sad she is." Gabriel gazed down at Y/N's sad puppy eyes. " How can I argue with that face." He set the hound down and she smiled. Gabriel sat on the ground next to her. "What's his name?" Y/N thought for a second. "Apis."  The puppy yapped and licked her with all it's heads. Gabriel smiled. " What does that mean?" Balthazar burst out in laughter. Gabriel looked up at him. Balthazar continued laughing. "Cas, you showed her bees?" Castiel blushed. "A few days ago. Why?" Gabriel started laughing. "Cas, apis is Latin for bee." Castiel smiled. "Of course. She did love the bees."

                               Michael was talking to Zachariah when he saw them walking over with a Hellhound. Michael, of course, freaked. "What the hell is Hellhound doing here?!" Y/N put her arms around the puppy's torso, hoisted it in the air and backed up. The puppy's middle head yapped and all of it's heads panted with it's rolled out tongue. Y/N was having trouble holding it up. Michael's gaze went from Gabriel's smirk  to Balthazar's, then to Castiel's sheepish expression. "Castiel....."  Gabriel saw Castiel flinch. He put his arm on his oldest brother's shoulders. "Ay, Mikey! Don't be so mad! Little Cassie didn't mean for this to happen! Crowley just- " Michael threw Gabriel's arm off of him. "Crowley?! You're joking, right?!" Gabriel gave  sheepish smile. "I wish I was, but it was an accident....It won't happen again. We're sorry." Michael stared at Gabriel. He just apologized. Apologized.  Gabriel chuckled. "What's with the face? All I said was sorry." Michael didn't realize his mouth was hanging open. He closed his mouth. "Well, she can't keep it." Gabriel gasped dramatically. "Michael! The kid needs a dog!" Michael growled. "She can have a dog. Just not a Hellhound!" Y/N whimpered and hugged the dog closer. Gabriel lifted them both. "Michael, it's a puppy! Hellhounds are taught to kill! This one doesn't know how yet! And it doesn't have to!" Michael huffed, defeated. "Fine. But, if it gets into any trouble, it goes. Period." Michael pat Y/N's head and left. 

                                    "So, this is the edge. Don't fall off." Balthazar had been taking Y/N on a Heavenly tour. Y/N peeked over the edge of Heaven. "Balf?" Balthazar smiled at his nickname. "Yes?" "What happen if fall?" Balthazar looked over the edge with her. "If you can't fly, you'd hit the ground and get hurt, probably." "Oh." Y/N backed up and sat down with Apis. Balthazar sat with her. "You'll be okay, I won't let you fall." "I know." Balthazar let out a loud sigh and laid back on the ground. Y/N follows suit. Apis yapped and rolled around. They sat for a while just looking at Heaven's skies.  "Balf?" Y/N sat up and crawled over to him. "Where Cifer?" Balthazar thought.  "I don't know actually." "Oh. Okay." She sat back down.  She immediately sat back up and laid on his stomach. " Balf?" Balthazar chuckled. "What?"  "You like pie?" Balthazar thought about it. "Gee, I don't know. Do you?" "Yeah." "Who gave you pie?" "Uncle Bean. He say it bapple." Balthazar laughed at her pronunciation of the word. "Apple? Sounds good." Y/N got up and ran over to the edge and looked down. "Balf! Look!" Balthazar got up and looked over. "Y/N there's nothing-" Balthazar felt a strong slam into his back and he fell over the edge. 

                                      "Wait, so what happened?" Lucifer tried to understand what a sweaty Balthazar was trying to tell him. "She-she pushed me over the edge! It was terrifying! And-and when I got a hold of myself and flew back up, she was laughing!" Lucifer looked down at Y/N. "Did you push Balthy?" Y/N looked at him. "Yes." "Why?" Y/N pet Apis. "He say you hurt if can't fly." Lucifer was confused. "So... why did you push him?" "Balf can fly. He fall funny." Lucifer started to laugh. Balthazar blushed profusely. "It's not funny..." Lucifer laughed deeply. "Yeah, it's hilarious!" Michael and Gabriel had finally shown up. They were very confused by a blushing Balthazar and a laughing Lucifer. "What happened?" Michael picked up Y/N, who hugged him. Lucifer couldn't stop laughing. "She- she pushed Balthy..... Off the edge of Heaven...... Because she thought it was funny...." Gabriel began to laugh and Michael chuckled. Balthazar's face was red as a beet. "I-it's not funny..." Michael let Y/N down and she walked over to Balthazar. "Sowwy, Balf..." She hugged his legs. All the Angels thought it was adorable. "It's fine, Y/N..." Balthazar hugged her back and they began to walk away. "I'm still traumatized...."