How Do You Do, Fellow Kids

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Castiel was sitting in the bunker, alone with Y/N. Sam and Dean had gone on a hunt, so Castiel and Y/N were just hanging out in the bunker. " Why are you whining?" Y/N stood next to Castiel, tugging on his coat. "Wanna pway.." Castiel sighed. "No, Y/N. Go watch the television." She pouted and tugged harder. "Wanna pway.." Castiel looked down at her and ruffled her hair.  She put her forehead on his thigh and sniffled. "Teel...." Y/N began to cry. Castiel lifted her up and set her on his lap. "Y/N... please do not cry..." He pet her hair and hummed to her. Her crying began to die down. "I will play with you Y/N. What do you want to play?" Y/N cuddled up on Castiel. Castiel pet her wing. "I wanna colah, Teel.." Castiel agreed, stood up and went to get some paper. He came back with crayons, too. "Here, Y/N." She struggled up into a seat and began to color a picture. She drew a small flower before she set down her crayon. "Teel?" Castiel looked up from his book. "Yes?" "Will you colah wif me?" "Y/N.." He began, but then he couldn't resist her pleading eyes. ".....sure." 

                          "It's beautiful, Y/N. Thank you. " Castiel accepted his third picture from Y/N, which was of a dog. Castiel had drawn a swarm of bees with his yellow and black crayons. He had also drawn a cat. Y/N had drawn pictures for Sam and Dean. The one for Sam was a tree and Dean's was a turtle. She set down her crayon, yawning. "Tired, Teel." Castiel stood and picked her up. She laid her head on his shoulder and walked her to the couch. He sat down with her in his lap, watching the T.V. They sat together for a while before falling asleep.

                          "Sammy! Get a load of this!" Dean and Sam had gotten back early. Sam came around the corner with his duffel bag and he set it on the floor. "What?" Dean was standing in front of the couch. Sam walked over and looked at what Dean was smiling at. Castiel and Y/N were snuggled up together in a pile of blankets. Y/N was cuddled into his chest and Castiel's chin was on her head. Y/N's smaller, secondary wings were around Castiel's shoulders in a protective posture. Their pictures were still strewn all over the table. Castiel's mouth was up in a small smile. Y/N's small hands were grasping at his trench coat's collar. Castiel's large hand laid across Y/N's back. Dean took a picture of the two and grinned at Sam. Sam smirked back. "Why are you taking a picture?" Dean smiled. "Because it's adorable!" Sam rolled his eyes and smiled. "Okay, Dean. Hey, I thought Cas didn't have to sleep?" Dean snickered. "He can if he wants, Sam." Y/N began to stir so they backed up and went to their rooms.

                    "Uncle Bean! Uncle Ammy!" Y/N ran down the hall. Dean came out of his room. Y/N got about halfway before slipping over her own foot and hitting the ground. Dean winced, ready for tears, but Y/N just scrambled back up and continued to run to him. Dean laughed, catching her, and lifting her up.  "Did you have fun in the bunker,  Y/N?" "Yeah! Teel colah wif me!" Y/N held out the picture she made for him. He took it and gasped. " A turtle? For me?" Y/N vigorously nodded her head. Dean smiled and spun her around in the air as she giggled. He put the paper in his room and set down Y/N. "You wanna go see Uncle Sam?" Y/N grabbed his hand and grinned. Dean smiled back and they set off to Sam's room. They walked down the hallway to Sam's room and knocked on the door. " Sam? It's me and Y/N." Sam's muffled voice came from the other side of the door. "Come in." Dean opens the door and Y/N squealed. " Ammy!" Sam caught her and lifted her up as she ran to him. "Ah made a pictah fow yah!" She giggled excitedly. Sam smiled as she handed him his picture. "Ah! A tree!"  He set his picture down. She hugged his neck as he walked out of his room, closing the door behind him. Sam, Dean, and Y/N walked down the hallway to see if Castiel was awake yet. 

                         "Y/N? Dean? Sam?" Castiel groggily walked down the hallway. He walked into the kitchen to see Y/N sitting on the counter watching Dean cook. "Teel!"  Y/N grinned at Castiel. Dean twisted his head around to see a sleepy, messy-haired Castiel.  "Hey, Cas! Have a good nap?" Castiel  rubbed his eyes and yawned. Dean turned back to his cooking. "I'll take that as a yes, then. " Castiel walked over to the table and sat down. "Hello, Y/N." Y/N smiled at him as he put his head in his arms tiredly. She scooted closer to him and giggled as she patted his head. "Teel tired?" Castiel lifted his head and smiled. "A little, Y/N. Did you sleep well?" Y/N smiled and put her legs over the side of the table to continue watching Dean. "Yea. I give Bean and Ammy dey pictahs." "You did? Did they like them?" He looked at Dean who answered without looking at them. "Yes we did! They were works of art! I put mine up in my room." Y/N grinned at Dean's words. Dean snickered and looked behind him. "I saw your picture, too, Cas. Very good bees, and cat." Castiel blushed and looked at the floor. Dean laughed. Y/N pat Castiel's head. He groaned and put his head back down in his arms. 

                             "Teeeeeeeeeeel................" Y/N was bothering Castiel again. "Wanna pway.." Castiel huffed, frustrated. "Y/N, we were just playing 15 minutes ago." "Wanna pway again." Castiel sighed and sniffed. "If I go get Apis, will you leave me alone and play with him?" Y/N's eyes lit up. She struggled up into his lap and kissed his cheek. "Yes!" Castiel smiled and disappeared. he came back a minute later with Apis. He yapped and licked Y/N's face making her laugh. Castiel sat and watched Y/N play and smiled. Today was a good day.