Chapter 23

Sorry for the wait, but I wanted to take my time writing this chapter with my break coming up, also hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!! 

______________________

"I have come to give a report on our mission Muzan," said Akaza, as he next to me bowed down showing our respect right in front of a small boy, also known as Muzan.

The small boy, had black hair that was combed back allowing no hair to fly in his porcelain face, as he wore a white long sleeved undershirt tucked loosely inside a pair of black shorts that made it's way right above his knees, holding on to a brown leather covered book.

"Did you find what I was looking for," said Muzan, as his eyes glared daggers towards Akaza.

"I was not able to find any definite information while I was doing my investigation on the 'Blue Spider Lily,'" said Akaza, as he bent his head, most likely looking for a form of sympathy on this subject that had been brought up.

"So, don't you have anything else to tell me?" questioned Muzan.

"We had ran into the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyoujorou, like you said we would and well we had dealt with him," said Akaza, as he looked up towards the small figure.

"Do I need to explain something once more to you Akaza," said Muzan, as he pointed a scrawny small finger towards the pink haired demon.

"I dont't care if you defeat one stupid Hashira. It is your job to defeat all the Demon Slayers, and that is that. We demons are stronger than humans, and that already proves our victory," said Muzan, as his intense glaring towards Akaza came to an end.

"Yes Muzan," said Akaza.

"Leave now Akaza!" ordered Muzan, as immediately right after left Akaza.

All that could be heard was the quite chattering of the people downstairs,

All I could feel was the cold wind rushing against my body soon leaving small goosebumps to litter across,

All I could taste was a bitter residue left in my mouth,

All I could smell was charcoal that had lit the ash filled fireplace,

And all I could grasp to see was Muzan's plum red eyes as they brightened to an extent in the darkness of the room which he stood.

"Did you get anything out of going on this mission Tanjiro," said Muzan, as his eyes looked straight down at the rugged book he was holding.

"I did," I said, keeping my eyes attatched to Muzan.

"Well?" asked Muzan, as his eyes never once left the book.

"I was able to see and understand the capable power of a Hashira," I said before taking a breath, "And I was able to get Nezuko to acknowledge my  existence."

Right as I said that last line, I noticed something...

Muzan's eyes had widened.

Was it out of shock?

Anger?

Dissapointment?

"I see," said Muzan.

Was that it!?

"Are you dissapointed or mad at me?" I questioned, wanting to find an answer within Muzan.

"No. To tell the truth, I believe what you have done was the correct thing." said Muzan, as he took his eyes off the book and kept them facing towards me, "This would have happened sooner or later, anyways."

"How did she react?" asked Muzan.

"She figured out at the same time of having the feeling of absolute rage towards me."

"I killed the Hashira right in front of her ever so ruthlessly, and from the information I gathered she seemed to deeply respect him."

"As soon as she figured out... sh-she gave me this look of horror and sadness, it disgusted me so much. She gave that god awful look to m-me.."

I could feel the tears come once again..

Stop crying!!

Stop it, your in front of Muzan!

I could feel my vision start to darken, as my hands had covered my face..

I would not allow Muzan to see me in this state..

Not again!

In seconds I felt that warm feeling I had felt ever so long ago..

The warmth of his hug....

Even if he had been in a different form, his hug still brought warmth and comfort to me..

Why do you do this for me?

You did this on the same day we met...

"W-why?" I choked up, from my sore throat.

"You need this, no one should be in such a state by themselves," said Muzan, as his voice seemed to be drowned out by the whimpers of my crying.

"Thank you."

-----------

Hope you enjoyed!! Also the next chapter should come out this week!!

Psych9rawr