s i x t e e n

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 16: ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 16:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

it was about 1 in the afternoon and jihyun was alone at home, trying her best to follow the recipe she found online. seonghwa was out hanging out with his friends.

seonghwa had convinced her to come along since his friends seemed very fond of her but she declined. she had made plans to bake some cookies for yeosang that day.

they had planned a tutoring session later that evening and she found out that yeosang loves red velvet cookies so here she was on a saturday afternoon, making sure she read the recipe, that was fully in english, correctly.

but that wasn't too big of a problem for the girl since she lived in america for four years before settling down permanently in south korea. she was originally born in korea but with her parents being multi-millionaires, she was forced to come along with them to every country they went to for business.

when they moved to the states, seonghwa decided he was going to go back to korea, which explained why the girl is so much better at english than her brother. she only decided to stay with her brother after her parents decided to expand their business and move to italy.

"okay i think they're chilled enough now. let's start rolling them into balls!" she cheered to herself, sighing. it had been an hour now and she was already tired. "oh yea, can't forget the chocolate chips!"

she turned around only to be greeted by a tall figure right in front of her, positioning himself to scare her, which he successfully did. unfortunately, what he did not expect was for himself to be surprised too when she suddenly turned herself around.

jihyun's shriek filled the whole house as she fell flat on her butt. the much, much taller boy gave a sheepish smile before snickering. "got you good, lil cuz."

"im youngmin! what was that for?! i got the shock of my life!" she took his hands when he offered to help her get up. "sorry, kid. seonghwa told me you were alone at home so i came to check up on you. whatcha up to?" he questioned, sitting on the island bar stool across jihyun who was already busying herself trying to roll the balls as perfectly as she could.

"i'm making cookies for my friend who's coming over later. don't bother me." jihyun replied, still sulking over her cousin scaring her. "hey, don't be mad at me. i just missed you. i haven't see you in weeks." youngmin, who was now next to her giving the girl a tight hug, pouted. he knew that pouting was the only way to melt her.

and 3...2... "fine! just don't do that to me anymore. i was so scared because i was the only one at home. anyways, you don't have work today?" jihyun asked him when he released her from the hug.

"no, i took an off day because i wanted to spend some time with my faaaaavourite cousin!" he ruffled her hair and the girl only rolled her eyes, smiling as she rolled the last of the dough into a ball.

"i'm having a tutoring session later at like 6 so you have about 5 hours to spend with me. let me just get these in the oven real quick." she grabbed the tray and placed them in the pre-heated oven before taking off her apron and clearing up the mess in the kitchen.

"who are you tutoring? a classmate of yours?" youngmin asked, opening the top cabinet and taking out a bag of chips. "no, i'm being tutored by my classmate." she told him, washing her hands and walking out to the living room, youngmin trailing behind while he obnoxiously munched on the barbecue flavoured chips.

"really? my genius of a cousin? is failing a class?" youngmin asked in disbelief. he had known jihyun for the longest time and jihyun was always good at everything. "i'm not failing. i'm just, not doing too well i guess. i have high standards for my studies and my physics is not as good as the rest of my subjects so i'm trying to get some help on it." she explained, demanding some chips from the older.

"ah, as expected. uri jiji is always doing her best, huh? whatever, let's just stop talking about this. i brought some of your favourite video games! let's play!" he then dragged her over to the playstation area, where they played video games together while waiting for seonghwa, along with yeosang and the rest to come back home.

of course, jihyun also did not forget to take out her cookies from the oven.