t h i r t y - e i g h t

a/n: totally irrelevant and unimportant a/n but i'm so excited because nct dream is holding a concert in my country next year february and i'm getting the tickets tomorrow!! i really hope i'll get them though :((

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 38:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 38:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

it had been three days since the couple had argued and the boys were surprised at how long yeosang could make it without talking to jihyun.

unlike how he appeared to be, he was suffering. he missed her so much. he wanted to be in her hold once again, no worries whatsoever.

jihyun was still hurt and yeosang was still guilty. he knew he had to apologise for misunderstanding the whole thing and believing han mina when he shouldn't have.

he didn't know if jihyun was ready to face him or not after all he had said. all he managed to do was give her a small smile everytime they made eye contact, and he thanked the gods that she always smiled back, despite the pain he caused her.

since jihyun wasn't being too cold to him, yeosang decided that today was going to be the day he apologises. and after that it'll all go back to normal. they'll maintain the perfect relationship throughout the rest of their last year in high school. right? oh, if only he knew.

it was morning and he came to school early, knowing jihyun usually does too. he reached the classroom and he sees that ony half the class has arrived. he slowly walks up to jihyun's table and taps her table lightly to catch her attention. "jihyun? c– can i talk to you? after school today?" he cautiously asked, knowing that his friends were staring intently at him.

jihyun looked at san, as if asking for approval and he hesitantly nods. "okay." she replies quietly, before going back to what she was doing previously.

yeosang sighed in relief before going to his seat and sitting down. he meets yunho's gaze and the boy smiles at him, giving two thumbs up and mouthing "good luck" at him. he smiles back before taking out his books for the first lesson of the day.

the day went by exhaustingly slow, yeosang wanted it to end quickly so he could talk to jihyun and fix everything as soon as he can. he groans when the bell rings, indicating lunch. two more lessons after lunch and then school ends. i can do this. he motivates himself.

he gets up from his seat to leave the classroom, not forgetting to flash a smile at jihyun like he's been doing the past two days. he then makes his way to his locker.

he stops when he sees a familiar short-haired girl standing infront of it. "what do you want?" he glares at her, crossing his arms. "oh, nothing. just wanted to see how you're doing, you know, since your fight with your precious little girlfriend. sad how your perfectly built relationship had to end like that, huh?" she fakes a pout.

"we're not over. what's your deal? got nothing better to do so you just strut around and try to ruin other people's relationships? get a life, han mina." he snaps, shoving her away from his locker so he could get his stuff out.

she scoffs in disbelief, stabling herself before turning to face him once again. "wow you two are really a match made in heaven, huh? you two are both so annoying and conceited it infuriates me, " she chuckles darkly. "oh my, what am i supposed to do with you two?"

"don't be ridiculous, you can't do anything to me and if you dare touch jihyun, i'll make sure you regret it." he says menacingly, standing up straight to tower over her figure. she rolls her eyes, obnoxiously chewing her gum.

"what is with you boys being so overprotective of jihyun? what's so good about her? she's nothing if it weren't for the money she has. i'm so much better, why aren't you guys clinging on to me? why aren't you dating me instead of that ugly bitch?"her face scrunched up in disgust.

"that's because she's a nice person and she doesn't take advantage of what other people has. she's everything that you wish to be but you're not. i would never want to date someone as disgusting as you. if you dare lay a finger on jihyun, you'll get it from me." he threatens once again.

"you have no idea what i'm capable of. you're going to regret everything. first, i'm going to destroy your relationship with that bitch and after that i'll get her. i'll ruin her. she's going to regret thinking she's much better just because she's rich." she huffed in annoyance, stomping one foot on the ground like a child throwing a tantrum.

"oh yeah? how are you gonna do that, huh? run to your daddy and beg for him to do something about it?" he mocks. mina glares straight at him, though it doesn't intimidate him one bit. "oh honey, as i said, you have no idea what i'm capable of." she says innocently, contrast to how dangerous her words appeared to be.

"what are you on about, han mina?" yeosang frowns, feeling slightly scared inside but he tries to appear unaffected. her gaze flickers to behind yeosang for a split second before looking back at him. "perfect timing." she smirks, pushing yeosang against the lockers so both of them could be identified even from a distance, and she leans closer to him.

"w– what are you doing?" yeosang panics, trying to push her away but she didn't budge. she plants a long kiss on his lips, smirking in victory when yeosang freezes, too shocked to do anything. they hear an audible gasp from a distance and yeosang pushes mina away, harshly wiping his lips and turning his head towards where the gasp came from.

his eyes meet jihyun and wooyoung's shocked ones. jihyun immediately turns around and runs away, wooyoung doing the same to catch up to her.

"no, guys! it's not what it looks like!" he screams but it was no use as she keeps running until she was out of his sight.

with a clenched jaw, he turns around to face a cocky looking mina. "why the fuck did you do that?" rage pulsed through his veins, anger ripping through his whole being.

"like i said, i'm going to ruin everything for jihyun," she chuckles humourlessly. "and i'm starting with you." she scowled at him before walking away victoriously, leaving yeosang groaning as he throws a punch to his locker in fury.