t h i r t y - s e v e n

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 37:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 37:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"hey, dude, wait up!" yeosang hears someone yell out down the hallway. he turns around to find yunho jogging up to him. he looks up at the taller boy dejectedly when he caught up to him. "what do you want? if you're here to make me feel bad about everything then you should leave because i already do." he continues making his way out of school as yunho walks next to him.

"no, i'm here to provide you explanation that you didn't want to hear from jihyun or san." he states, making yeosang feel bad that he didn't bother to even listen to their explanations as he was blinded by his jealousy.

"let's go sit down somewhere, yea?" yunho offers and yeosang only nods, not wanting to speak much. about five minutes later, the two reaches treasure cafe, the cafe that they always used to always stop by at before school. the cafe jihyun used to airdrop san memes before they officially became friends. he thought back to the time jihyun had admitted she started doing that because she liked san and he shakes that thought away immediately, not wanting to get hurt again.

they each get their own drinks before settling down at a table at the corner. and almost immediately, yunho starts telling yeosang everything that happened that day, from when mina had said some nasty stuff to jihyun to when jihyun broke down in front of them all.

after about half an hour, yunho finally gets done with the story and yeosang only stared at his drink until yunho had to cough to snap him out of it. "you good, dude?"

yeosang looks at him with a blank look. "i– i feel like a huge idiot. i– i accused her of such thing and i didn't even let her explain. of course, why would my own best friend and girlfriend do that to me? stupid," he hits himself on the head. "now i don't know how i'm supposed to apologise to them. san would kill me." he looks down, disheartened.

"maybe give them some time? i'm sure jihyun isn't ready to face you yet and knowing san, he'd probably tear your face off when he sees you," yunho joked, though he was a bit scared of what san is capable of.

"that bitch mina. she's probably enjoying her life right now knowing she did this to jihyun. god, why did i have to be so stupid to believe her," yeosang hits his head once again.

"it's fine, dude. you saw them like that without context and mina only took the chance that was right in front of her. don't beat youself for it," he says to his friend, sipping on his drink.

"yea but if i didn't let my jealousy get the best of me maybe i could've heard that she was crying and san was only comforting her." he says.

"it's fine. for now just, i don't know, think of what to say to san and jihyun when you apologise. oh and by the way, i'm warning you in advance, the guys are furious at you too." he says casually.

"yea i kinda know. they didn't want me anywhere near her at all. oh my god, you guys didn't tell seonghwa about this, right? he'll kill me if he finds out! dude please help me convince them not to," he begs yunho.

"okay, i'll try. but you need to make sure you make things right with san and jihyun because believe it or not, it's not fun being accused of something so low."

"okay, i will soon. i'll uh– i'll get going now. thanks dude. i don't deserve your kindness after all i've done but thank you so much." he stands up, smiling at yunho who was still seated.

"yea whatever just make sure you fix it with them or i'm not gonna help you again." he threatens jokingly, doing their handshake before yeosang leaves the cafe with a heavy heart.

-

"ji, are you fine now? do you want to get going? we're gonna be locked in if we don't leave anytime soon." mingi says softly while he's still hugging jihyun. san and wooyoung only looks at her pitifully. they had never seen jihyun like this before, not to mention the fact that she had broken down thrice that day when she isn't the type to let anyone, not even her brother, see her cry. but they understood. today had been anything but nice to her.

jihyun slowly gets out of mingi's hold, standing up as she nods. the four walk out, san next to her while mingi and wooyoung follow behind with wooyoung carrying the girl's bag for her.

they all reach the carpark where san's car is parked. san opens the passenger seat door for her and she gets in, immediately buckling her seatbelt. the other two get in the back seat.

san gets in the driver seat, buckling his seatbelt before starting up the car. "you guys wanna come over?" he asks and they agree, seeing that they had no other plans. he turns to look at jihyun, "ji? do you want to?"

"yea, sure. my brother is probably still working now so i'd rather not be home alone." she tells him. the guys look at her in shock and she chuckles, "what?" she asks them.

"he's working already? under the company?" san questions, his eyes fixed on the road. "ahh, no not the company yet. that's later this year. he didn't want to spend his free days at home doing nothing so he's now working at the cafe my cousin owns." she explains.

"why didn't he just go to college instead?" wooyoung asks from the back. "he didn't want to waste his time because he knew once our parents return, my father is going to make him quit college so he can start working under the company. so instead, he wastes his time bothering youngmin oppa and now he's working for him." she chuckles, remembering that time she stopped by his cafe, only to see her brother messing around when there weren't customers to attend to and youngmin looking like he'd lose his shit anytime soon.

her cousin threatened to fire him but she knew that he was only joking. he lowkey likes seonghwa's company. after all, he's the closest cousin to the siblings so he's always had a soft spot for both seonghwa and jihyun.