t w e n t y - t w o

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 22:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 22:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"...and finally the last pair, scoring an impressive 94%, kang yeosang and park jihyun. the pair did an amazing job, the work they did was flawless. perfect guitar playing and vocals. very deserving of the 94%." the teacher announced.

the class erupted in a loud applause as yeosang and jihyun gave each other a high five.

"as usual, our jihyun scored the best once again."

"yeosang was lucky to be paired up with her."

"hey! i know yeosang has great vocals too! they're a perfect match for each other."

"yea, they look so good together!"

the girls in class squealed as the teacher was busy on her laptop. san rolled his eyes listening to the girls. what's so cute about yeosang and jihyun together even?

"students, do you want to watch yeosang and jihyun's video?" the teacher asked after getting approval from the pair. the class cheered excitedly and the teacher proceeded to play their assignment video.

after the video ended, the class got even louder, praising their vocals and jihyun's guitar playing.

"no wonder they almost got a perfect score, it was really good."

"oh my god!! did you see the way they looked at each other during the bridge?! yeohyun or jisang HAS to happen!"

"oh my god i can tell yeosang is whipped for her, he looked at her so lovingly."

"yah jihyun, yeosang! just date already!"

suddenly the class was silenced when the sound of someone standing up from their seat loudly boomed across the classroom. "ms. kim, may i please use the restroom?" san asked, leaving the classroom when he was granted permission.

"did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?" mingi questioned, only receiving a shrug of shoulders from his tablemates, jihyun and yunho. wooyoung sighed to himself, glancing at yeosang who seemed to be confused as well.

"well, that will be the last assignment for you guy since summer break is starting soon. enjoy yourselves and stay hydrated, kids. see you when the school reopens." the teacher concluded the lesson before leaving the class with her laptop.

"yes! finally we're free! i can't wait to go home and not have to worry about piles and piles homework and assignments! see you guys when school reopens!" mingi cheered, giving his male classmates high fives before they left.

"jihyun! let's hang out sometime, yeah? we can go shopping or you could invite us over sometime! or maybe treat us out to dinner sometime! well, i'll get going now. bye!" the group of girls gave her a hug before leaving the classroom. she rolled her eyes, packing her stuff.

"what's up with that? you didn't even get to respond." she heard yeosang chuckle beside her. the class was almost empty now, the only ones left being yeosang, wooyoung, yunho, mingi and herself.

the boys looked at her, waiting for an answer since they knew that those girls were her previous group of friends before she met them all. "just..stupid people." she mumbled, gaining surprised looks from the boys.

she continued packing her stuff, not realising that the boys were all staring at her, waiting for her to continue. she looked up and was surprised to be met with their eyes all looking at her expectantly. "what?"

"are you not gonna elaborate or something..?" yunho says. "well, they acted like i didn't exist ever since i've known them but when they found out that i was the daughter of the owners of the park industries, they stuck by my side all the time, making me pay for their meals or when we go shopping. and i couldn't really say anything since i didn't actually have other friends to go to..." she trailed off, earning looks of pity from the boys.

"so when you guys actually accepted me into your friend group, i was so touched because i finally had real friends. i was also able to get away from those girls since you guys are constantly dragging me somewhere. so, thank you. for accepting me not only for my wealth. thank you for genuinely wanting to be my friend. i love you guys a lot." she expressed, initially not knowing it would get that deep.

mingi wiped a fake tear and he proceeded to tightly embrace the girl, followed by the rest of the boys. "we love you too, jiji! we'll always stay by your side, don't worry."

when they all released, yeosang gave her a sad smile. "i'm sorry you had to go through all that. what fake snakes those girls are. it's okay, you have us now so we'll get you away from them when they're bothering you, yeah?" he gives her a side hug, jihyun returning it with a smile as her eyes fell upon san's messy desk, the boy still not back.

wooyoung notices her gaze and immediately decides to find him. "i'll just go find him in the restroom. be right back!" he sprints out of the class and jihyun decides to help san pack up his stuff seeing that the three boys were already getting busy discussing about a newly released video game.

not long after, wooyoung comes back with san and they boys immediately bombarded him with questions. "dude where were you? you like stormed out of the class suddenly, we thought you were mad."

"oh, sorry. i had a headache and the class was just too noisy so i sat on the stairs for a bit." he explained. wooyoung snorts, knowing that it was a complete lie. san kicks his shin and the boy immediately shuts up, silently groaning in pain.

"well, you should go home straight and rest. here's your backpack, i packed up your stuff for you." jihyun hands him his backpack, their hands brushing and san blushed, the girl completely oblivious to this.

"come on, we should get going. i bet most students have already left school grounds." yunho says, leading the group out of the classroom.

san watches as yeosang and jihyun walks side by side, arms locked as they talked. wooyoung clears his throat beside him, getting his attention.

"so..headache huh?" he teases, earning a push from the other boy. "shut up, woo. the whole class was rooting for them. they even wanted them to date. now how am i gonna get her? yeosang is way ahead of me. i'm not even surprised if by next week, they're already dating." he huffs.

"well, you can start making your moves too, you know? you're never gonna end up with her if you keep quiet like this." wooyoung says.

san sighs, his gaze once again stuck on the two who were deep in their own world. "i'll try."